Conventional and Alternative Pain Treatment Markets
The global market for conventional and alternative pain treatments should grow from $76.1 billion in 2020 to $103.3 billion by 2025, at compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.3% for the period of 2020-2025.
- 40 data tables and 43 additional tables
- An overview of the global market for conventional and alternative pain treatments
- Analyses of the global market trends, with data corresponding to market size for 2019, estimates for 2020, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2025
- Country-specific data and analysis for the United States, Canada, Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, France, Germany, Italy, UK, Spain, Russia, Australia, China, Japan, and other emerging economies
- Patent study with significant patent allotments on pain treatments, application filings, and new drug approvals
- Identification of companies best-positioned to meet the conventional and alternative pain management markets demand owing to their proprietary technologies, collaborations, M&As and other strategic alliances
- Market share analysis of the leading biopharmaceutical companies and their key competitive landscape
- Global market outlook of pain management services, types of pain, delivery methods, clinical trials, pain incidence/prevalence, reimbursement trends, R&D efforts, and treatment modalities
- Detailed description of the market leading companies, including Abbott Laboratories, Baxter International, Eli Lilly & Co., GlaxoSmithKline, and Johnson & Johnson
This BCC Research report is designed to be a helpful business tool that will provide a thorough evaluation of the markets for pain management. The geographical scope of this study is global. This study will address acute versus chronic pain, treatments, and regulatory issues facing healthcare workers. Also provided is detailed information based on product categories, use of products, forecasts and competitive analyses.
The report identifies two general segments of pain management:
- Pharmaceuticals, including prescription and non-prescription.
- Narcotic analgesics.
- Non-narcotic analgesics.
- Medical cannabis.
- Antimigraine agents.
- CNS therapies.
- Other treatments.
- Spinal cord stimulator.
- Other devices.
Adjuvant treatment modalities cover a wide range of procedures and methods. Some of the more frequent modalities are discussed throughout the report.
Each market segment provides detailed information based on product categories, product use and market forecasts.
Not covered in the report are drugs or devices that by treating the condition or disorder result in the relief of pain. These include treatments for rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis or other similar diseases. Treatments are only included for those that indicate a relief of pain symptoms associated with these conditions.
A comparison of a treatment for the disease that naturally relieves the symptoms as compared to treatments for the relief of pain associated with the disease include:
- Enbrel: Indicated for the treatment of moderate-to-severe rheumatoid arthritis.
- Celebrex: Indicated for the treatment of the signs and symptoms of osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis and the management of acute pain.
The report is also evaluated in terms of application, discussing market trends and performance for the following areas:
- Surgical pain.
- Orthopedic and musculoskeletal pain.
- Migraine pain.
- Fibromyalgia pain.
- Cancer pain.
- Neuropathic pain.
- HIV/AIDS pain.
- Dental pain.
- General pain.
Melissa Elder is an experienced healthcare market analyst specializing in medical treatments, equipment and devices. Ms. Elder holds an MBA in Health Care Management and provides consultation to various institutions globally. She has been involved in the healthcare industry since 1996, providing more than 23 years of industry expertise. Ms. Elder has specialized in market research for more than 20 years, focusing on the areas of advanced medical technologies, biological products and animal health. In-depth analysis into more than 100 health-related topics has given Ms. Elder substantial insight into industry dynamics, market influences and future direction of various health markets. Her work in the medical community, including emergency room medical training and healthcare information system coordination, has enhanced her ability to provide insight into many healthcare specialties. She has authored several industry-specific documents and is a well-respected contributor to the market research community. Her writings are published in magazines, newspapers and professional journals. She is also an experienced custom market research writer who has worked with a large variety of clients in many fields who require innumerable variations to research documents.