Pharmaceutical Pricing and Reimbursement: Global Markets
The global pharmaceuticals market was valued at $1,058 billion in 2019 and should reach $1,520 billion by 2024 with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 7.5% from 2019 to 2024.
- An overview of the global markets for pharmaceuticals, specifically healthcare legislation and regulation, pricing mechanisms, and reimbursement procedures
- Analyses of the global market trends, with data corresponding to market size for 2014-2019, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2024
- Information on the current price and reimbursement landscape, benchmarking statics, and future development opportunities in the pharma industry
- Case studies of different price and reimbursement strategies for prescription drugs, orphan drugs, generics, over-the-counter products, and value-based pricing
- Discussion on the impact of COVID-19 on pharmaceutical sales in Q1 2020 and overall healthcare marketplace
- Insight into the greater adoption of value-based pricing schemes, with emphasis on the innovative payment models, increased investment in cell and gene therapies, and long-term response to COVID-19
This new report on pricing and reimbursement in a global market provides a brief overview on the pharmaceutical markets, healthcare reforms and regulations across the globe over the last decade and how this has impacted mergers and acquisitions and venture capitalist investment in the sector. It reviews pricing and reimbursement policies and processes in the U.S. and Europe and the ways in which pharmaceutical investment in generics, biosimilars, over the counter (OTC), small molecule and biological agents; and the shift toward more innovative medicines such as cell and gene therapies may change future treatment paradigms and future pricing and reimbursement policies.
Dr. Cheryl L. Barton has more than 10 years of practical pharmaceutical research experience with a leading pharmaceutical company and has served as a Pan-European Pharmaceutical analyst with a European bank. Dr. C. L. Barton Ltd. aims to provide independent, tailor-made, pharmaceutical thematic research to investment houses. Research reports combine independent scientific analysis with patients- and prescription-based models to forecast the potential sales growth of key developmental drugs and to isolate the key drivers within the pharmaceutical sector. For further information, visit www.pharmavision.co.uk.
Dr. Bianca Piachaud-Moustakis has more than 15 years of experience as a writer and research analyst specializing in pharmaceutical and healthcare intelligence and has worked for a number of market intelligence providers in the U.K. She has a broad range of writing experience ranging from international academic and practitioner journals, to producing market intelligence reports and short articles. Areas of specialization include pharmaceuticals, healthcare, diagnostics, drug delivery systems, emerging R&D technologies and pharmaceutical regulation.