Renal Disease Treatments: Products and Therapies
The U.S. market for kidney failure treatment will grow from $39.4 billion in 2016 to nearly $45.6 billion by 2021, with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.0% for the period of 2016-2021.
- An in-depth analysis of the market for kidney failure treatment products and services, forecasting growth and trends in various sectors.
- Analyses of market trends, with data from 2015, 2016, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2021.
- Detailed coverage of products and services including those for treating acute renal failure, chronic renal failure, and end-stage renal disease, the final phase of chronic kidney failure.
- Specfic segmentation of the market into pharmaceuticals used to address the conditions associated with kidney failure (i.e., hypertension, diabetes, and anemia); hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis products and services; and surgical procedures used to keep the end-stage kidney patient alive (i.e., surgeries to create vascular access sites for dialysis, and kidney transplantation).
- Evaluation of the industry structure and dynamics, as well as technological developments.
- Profiles of major players in the industry.
SCOPE OF REPORT
Five-year projections for market activity and value are provided. Treatment types and trends for acute and chronic kidney failure, pricing considerations for medications, dialysis products (dialysis machines, dialysates and dialyzers) and therapies, and surgical procedures, companies, industry structure, and participating companies are included in the study.
- Therapeutic products.
- Diabetic nephropathy.
- Renal replacement therapy.
- Intermittent hemodialysis.
- Continuous renal replacement therapy (CRRT).
- Continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis (CAPD).
- Continuous cycling peritoneal dialysis (CCPD).
- Renal transplantation.
Other related topics discussed include the diagnosis criteria, leading pharmaceutical companies and the competitive landscape. The market analysis is based on the regional, demographic and treatment options.
The report includes analysis of leading and emerging competitors in the current worldwide diagnostic market for kidney diseases. Profiles of manufacturers of leading products as well as biotechnology companies with products in development are discussed, along with their specific product strategies. Detailed profiles of current market leaders are included, as well as profiles of companies with innovative products poised to advance within the forecast period. Market figures are based on revenues at the manufacturers’ level and are projected at 2016-dollar value. Inflation is not computed into projection figures. Trends are assessed based on projected sales for existing products, new product introductions, expanded indications for existing products and projected changes in the prevalence of diagnosis for respective diseases. In addition, the report includes forecasts by product, product category and company from 2014 through 2021. The study is arranged to offer an overview of the diagnostic market accompanied by product, company and region.
Excluded from this report are treatments for the less-common kidney diseases, including polycystic kidney disease, Immunogloblin A (IgA) nephropathy, nephrotic syndrome and minimal change disease.. Sales figures are reported in U.S. dollars and in each case reflect currency fluctuations within the performance of sales change. Sales figures do not account for variation in local currencies. All market share data presented are on a global basis unless specifically noted.
Cheng-Yuk Lee is a life sciences researcher and engineer. He has experience in preclinical and translational medicine research in a pharmaceutical company and led several in vitro diagnostic assay developments as a senior scientist in multiple diagnostic companies. He received a dual bachelor of science degree in chemical engineering and biochemistry and subsequently completed his Ph.D. in chemical engineering and postdoctoral training. Prior to his professional career, he provided marketing research and strategic business planning for the Office of Corporate Relations at a public research university.
- Overall sales in the global market for renal failure treatmentwere worth nearly $28 billion in 2009, it is estimated to increase to $33.5 billion at a 5 year compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.7%.
- The largest segment CKD treatment products and therapies (including dialysis consumables) market was nearly $26.5 billion in 2009. This is expected to rise to $31.7 billion in 2014, at a CAGR of 3.6%.
- ARF treatment products and therapies (including dialysis consumables) market reached $955 million in 2009 and is projected to reach $1.4 billion in 2014, at a CAGR of 8.7%.