Chronic Kidney Disease: Global Markets and Technologies Through 2023
The global market for chronic kidney disease should grow from $79.0 billion in 2018 to reach $95.0 billion by 2023 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.8% for the period of 2018-2023.
- 37 data tables and 22 additional tables
- A detailed overview of the global markets for Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Analyses of global market trends with data from 2017 and 2018, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2023
- Information on current state of chronic kidney disease, with an emphasis on biomarkers, diagnostic methods, and mobile apps that support effective disease state management
- Key insight into research on CKD comorbidities such as Diabetes and Metabolic Disease, as well as treatment methods and diagnostics
- A look at the impact of regulatory, environmental, and legislative issues on the global CKD market
- Profiles of major market players within the industry, including Abbott Laboratories, Eli Lilly and Co., Eisai, Inc., Merck & Co. and Sanofi-Aventis
Five-year projections for market activity and value are provided. Treatment types and trends for acute and chronic kidney failure, pricing considerations for medications, dialysis products (dialysis machines, dialysates and dialyzers), therapies, surgical procedures, companies, industry structure and participating companies are included in the study.
Qualitative information on disease overview, epidemiology and clinical burden of CKD is covered in detail. Further, detailed description about diagnostic methods such as blood tests, medical imaging; treatment, disease management strategies like pharmacological interventions, medical device interventions such as dialysis and kidney transplantation procedures and dietary supplements are covered. Further supporting technologies such as smartphone apps, tools and emerging technologies in dialysis and kidney transplantation procedures are also covered. Special emphasis is given to new, emerging technologies for the treatment of CKD. Market specific information on global dynamics (drivers, challenges and emerging opportunities) are covered. CKD disease management involves tedious labor, safety and cost analyses, knowledge of current policies, regulations and reimbursement. Further clinical trial and patent landscape is also covered in the report. Profiles and the overall competitive landscape of companies/manufacturers engaged in offering drugs and medical equipment for treating CKD is covered in the report.
Quantitative market size and forecast information is covered broadly by treatment, user settings and region. By treatment, the market is categorized into drugs (treatment of complications associated due to CKD, drugs for dialyzed patient groups, post-kidney transplantation procedures are covered) and medical equipment (dialysis-hemodialysis, peritoneal dialysis, kidney transplantation procedure surgical equipment). By user settings the CKD market is categorized into hospitals, specialty clinics and homecare. By region the market is categorized into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and RoW (Latin America, Middle East and Africa).
BCC Research staff comprises expert analysts who are skilled in conducting primary research, secondary research and data analysis and have decades of combined experience covering a wide range of industries, including healthcare, advanced materials and emerging technologies. Collectively, the team represents a diverse set of educational achievements with individual graduate work completed in fields such as microbiology, electrical engineering, business administration and surgery, among others.