Biologic Imaging Reagents: Technologies and Global Markets
The global market for biologic imaging reagents was valued at $9.4 billion in 2011 and is expected to reach $9.9 billion in 2012. Total market value is expected to reach nearly $14.5 billion in 2017 after increasing at a five-year compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 7.8%.
- An overview of the global market for biologic imaging reagents, including those that are commercial or likely to be commercialized within the next five years
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2011, estimates for 2012, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2017
- Coverage of fluorescent probes and dyes; imaging nanomaterials (including quantum dots and other nanoparticles); fluorescent proteins; supermolecules; contrast reagents for MRI, X-ray and ultrasound; and imaging radiopharmaceuticals
- Analysis of each technology to determine its market status and impact on future market segments
- Discussion of imaging reagent producers and the industry structure in specialized segments
- Reviews of industry alliances and acquisitions, and the use of biologic imaging reagents in key diagnostics and R&D tools platforms, including microarrays, lab-on-a-chip devices, DNA sequencing, PCR and cellular analysis
- Comprehensive company profiles of major players in the industry.
The study scope includes the biologic imaging reagents that are commercial or likely to be commercialized within the next five years. Fluorescent probes and dyes; imaging nanomaterials (including quantum dots and other nanoparticles); fluorescent proteins; contrast reagents for MRI, X-ray and ultrasound; and imaging radiopharmaceuticals are studied. Both the in-vivo and in-vitro market segments are included. Each technology is analyzed to determine its market status, impact on future market segments and forecasted growth from 2012 through 2017. Technology status and market driving forces are also discussed.
BCC examines imaging reagent producers and the industry structure in specialized segments of the industry. We also review industry alliances and acquisitions, and the use of biologic imaging reagents in key diagnostics and research and development (R&D) tools platforms, including microarrays, lab-on-a-chip devices, DNA sequencing, PCR and cellular analysis. The markets for novel biologic imaging reagent applications, including targeted multifunctional and hybrid therapeutic reagents, are analyzed, and the main companies in these fields are highlighted.
John Bergin has held business development, sales and marketing positions with a Fortune 500 advanced materials company, as well as executive management positions with a nanotechnology/separations company. Bergin holds a B.S. degree in Chemistry, an M.S. degree in Biotechnology and a Master of Business Administration. John Bergin is a pseudonym of the author.
- Global DNA Read, Write and Edit Market (BIO193A)
- Global DNA Sequencing: Research, Applied and Clinical Markets (BIO045G)
- Liquid Biopsy Research Tools, Services and Diagnostics: Global Markets (BIO150C)
- Genetic Modification Therapies Clinical Applications: Gene Therapies, Genetically Modified Cell Therapies, RNA Therapies and Gene Editing (BIO159A)
- Single-cell Omics: Emerging Technologies and Markets (BIO143B)
- The global biologic imaging reagents market was worth $5.6 billion in 2007 and an estimated $5.8 billion in 2008. The total market is projected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 10.2% to reach $9.5 billion in 2013.
- Contrast reagents have the largest share of the market, worth $2.5 billion in 2007 and an estimated $2.6 billion in 2008. This segment should reach $3.7 billion in 2013, for a CAGR of 7.2%.
- Nuclear reagents have the second largest market share, generating $2.0 billion in 2007. This is expected to increase to $2.1 billion in 2008 and $3.7 billion in 2013, for a CAGR of 12.5%.
When do I get the report?
Most reports are fulfilled immediately. In some cases, it could take up to 24 hours.
In what format does this report get delivered to me?
We will send you an email with login credentials to access the report. You will also be able to download the pdf.
What are the free reports included in my purchase?
They consist of a collection of current reports from various partner publishers scanning multiple industries.
What is the difference between BCC Research and BCC Publishing?
BCC Research curates thousands of reports from different sources and provides access to this content to our clients. BCC Publishing is the publication arm of BCC Research (one of several publishers in our portal).
What reports do I get 'discounts' on with my purchase?
All reports. BCC Publishing reports will be available for a 50% discount. All other partner publishers are also available at deeply discounted rates.
Where are you located?
Wellesley Massachusetts, just outside of Boston, Massachusetts, USA.
How long has BCC Research been around?
We are approaching our 50 year anniversary in 2021!
What if I want you to invoice me for payment via Purchase Order?
Simply choose Pay by Purchase Order when you are checking out. We will connect with you via email to set up your order.
What if I have a question about your reports?
Call us, email us, or chat with us! We encourage your questions and feedback. We have a research concierge team available at all times, and included in every purchase, to help our customers find the research they need-when they need it.
Can I share this report with my team?
Absolutely yes, with the purchase of additional user licenses.
Can I use your research in my presentation?
Absolutely yes, so long as the publisher is properly cited.