Global Markets and Technologies for Cell and Tissue Analysis -- Focus on Biospecimen Preparation
- An overview of the global market for cell and tissue analysis products, including commercialized products used in the isolation, purification, and analysis of cells, as well as novel products and technologies that may be commercially viable in the next few years; this report focuses on biospecimen preparation
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2011, estimates for 2012, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2017
- Detailed discussion of biospecimens, enzymatic and mechanical tissue dissociation products, flow cytometry hardware and software, magnetic cell separation products, laser microdissection (LMD) systems, research antibodies, cell-based assays, and products used in high-content screening (HCS) platforms
- Profiles of large and established producers in cell and tissue analysis product market segments, as well as numerous smaller specialized market players
- Market segmentation within the areas of biospecimen vendors, cell separation products, and cell and tissue analysis products
- Examination of each technology by application type and in the context of relevant technological and regulatory forces to determine its current market status and projected growth.
BCC’s goal in conducting this study is to provide an overview of the current and future characteristics of the global market for cell and tissue analysis products. The key objective is to present a comprehensive analysis of the future direction of cell and tissue products that will serve as a valuable tool for their use of.
This report explores present and future strategies within the cell and tissue analysis market, including biospecimen-preparing techniques, cell and tissue separation, and cell and tissue characterization products. The market’s improvisation, setbacks and needs are also discussed. The classifications, comparisons and usage of cell and tissue analysis products are also presented in this report.
A detailed analysis of the cell and tissue analysis industry structure has been conducted. Revenues are broken down by region, and sales figures are estimated for the five-year period from 2012 through 2017.
Applications for cell and tissue analysis products are discussed separately. The report also covers significant patents and their allotments in each category.
REASONS FOR DOING THIS STUDY
Extensive research in the field of cell and tissue analysis products has revealed their specific functionality in providing specific analysis for the healthcare and the biopharmaceutical industries. Modern industries have begun to explore the advantages of cell and tissue analysis products in their productions and processes, leading to the steady market in this area.
R&D spending, increasing competition, patent expiries and new technologies are leading this market in a new direction. The new advancements, new product launches and changing lifestyles have influenced the market to grow in the foreseeable future. This study looks at many of the systems affected by these factors.
Acquisition strategies and company collaborations are covered in this report. This study also discusses the strength and weaknesses of each type of technology in light of the new technologies, growing competition and changing customer needs.
CONTRIBUTIONS OF THE STUDY AND INTENDED AUDIENCE
This study contributes to the areas of market growth in cell and tissue analysis manufacturers and users. It will be of interest to pharmaceutical companies, biotechnical companies, research institutes and physicians.
SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The scope of this study encompasses cell and tissue analysis products in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology markets. BCC analyzes each market and its applications, regulatory environment, technology, market projection and market share. Technological issues include the latest trends and developments. The emerging markets for enzyme inhibitors include India, China, Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, Canada, Africa, Australia and New Zealand.
Both primary and secondary research methodologies were used in preparing this study. BCC conducted a comprehensive literature search, which included technical newsletters and journals, as well as many other sources. Data were collected through interviews and correspondence with manufacturers of cell and tissue analysis products technical experts. Projections were based on estimates such as the current number of end users, potential end users, mergers and acquisitions, and market trends.
Numerous companies were surveyed to obtain data for this study, including manufacturers and end users of kinase inhibitors in therapeutic categories and various disease sectors. Data were gathered from various industry sources. BCC researchers spoke with officials within the industry and also consulted newsletters; company literature; product literature; and a host of technical articles, journals, indices and abstracts. Exhaustive investigations of databases by key terminology were completed. In addition, data were compiled from current financial, trade and government sources.
BCC ONLINE SERVICES
BCC Research offers an online information retrieval service. Its home page, located at www.bccresearch.com, enables readers to:
- Examine the complete BCC Research catalog of market research reports and place direct orders.
- Subscribe to any of BCC Research’s many industry newsletters.
- Read announcements of recently published reports and newly launched newsletters.
- Register for its well-known conferences.
- Request additional information on any BCC research product.
- Take advantage of special offers.
This publication provides informative material of a professional nature. It does not constitute managerial, legal or accounting advice, nor should it serve as a corporate policy guide or an endorsement of any given product or company. This information is intended to be as accurate as possible at the time it was written and was undertaken on a best-effort basis. The views expressed are those of the author and do not make any warranty, express or implied, for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of the information, or for the interpretation of data or its use by others. Projections involve risks and uncertainties that include but are not limited to technical risks associated with technology development, government regulatory approvals and access to capital. The author assumes no responsibility for any losses or damages that may result from one’s reliance on this material.
Shalini Shahani Dewan focuses on pharmaceuticals and biotechnology and has been a BCC Research contributor since 2002 as both an analyst and project manager. She has explored a wide range of topics and companies, including working for Johnson & Johnson doing market surveillance. She has an undergraduate degree in pharmacy and master's degree in medicinal chemistry. She resides in the Bay Area.
- Global Markets for CT Scanners (HLC024B)
- Technologies for Long-term Care and Home Healthcare: Global Markets (HLC079D)
- Renal Dialysis Equipment: Technologies and Global Markets (HLC164B)
- Fluoroscopy and C-arms: Technologies and Global Markets (HLC148B)
- Global Markets for Contract Pharmaceutical Manufacturing, Research and Packaging (PHM043G)