Molecular Diagnostics: Technologies and Global Markets
In 2012, the global DNA diagnostics market was valued at $17.3 billion. The total market is projected to reach $20.1 billion in 2013 and nearly $36.5 billion by 2018, increasing at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 12.6% from 2013 through 2018.
- An overview of the global market for molecular diagnostics.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2010 through 2012, estimates for 2013, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2018.
- Discussion of related issues, such as government regulation, reimbursement through insurance, patient confidentiality, and other legal ramifications.
- Identification of scientific challenges and advances, including the latest trends.
- Comprehensive company profiles and a patent analysis.
This study examines the global market for assays used to detect specific nucleic acid sequences in medical and life sciences applications. While the goal of all DNA-based diagnostic assays is similar, several different technologies can be employed. BCC analyzes each technology in detail, determines major players and current market status, and presents forecasts of growth over the next five years. Scientific challenges and advances including the latest trends are emphasized. We examine government regulations, major collaborations, recent patents and factors affecting the industry worldwide. In addition, we examine new directions for DNA diagnostic technologies and emerging applications in clinical diagnostics.
JON EVANS has been involved in business development and research for the biotechnology industry since 1984. He has been involved in sales, market research and strategy analysis with Fortune 500 clients - with a particular focus on business development challenges and strategies to optimize market performance. He holds a B.S. degree in biology from Rutgers University and MBA in business analysis from San Francisco State University.
- By the end of 2008, the global DNA diagnostics market is expected to be valued at $10.6 billion. The total market is projected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 13.7% to reach $20.1 billion in 2013.
- PCR-based diagnostic assays should claim the largest share of the market in 2008 and be worth $5.4 billion. The segment will reach $9.5 billion in 2013, for a CAGR of 11.9%.
- The fastest growing segment of the DNA diagnostics market is the LOAC market, which is expected to reach $890 million in 2008 and $2.1 billion in 2013, for a CAGR of 18.7%.