114 Reports in Energy and Resources
The global market for Biogas plant equipments was worth $3 billion in 2010. By 2016, it is estimated at nearly $8.6 billion and rising at a 5-year compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 19.4%.
The global alternative electrical power storage market in 2011 will be worth more than $325 million, including more than $236 million worth of electrochemical batteries. This market is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.4% between 2011 and 2016 under a consensus scenario resulting in a $423 million global market in 2016, including $322 million worth of electrochemical batteries.
BCC estimates that the U.S. market for smart grid technologies was worth about $23.6 billion in 2010. The market is projected to increase to nearly $23.7 billion in 2011 and $33.1 billion by 2016, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.9% over the next 5 years.
The total market for conventional retrofits including the energy retrofit technologies examined in this study—heating, ventilating, and air-conditioning (HVAC) equipment, energy efficient lighting and lighting design, electricity sub-meters, and green roofs—is estimated to increase from $35.5 billion in 2010 to $60.7 billion in 2015 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 11.3%.
Global shipments of photovoltaic cells/modules reached 11,102 megawatts in 2010, and are expected to reach 55,621 megawatts by 2015, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 38%.
The global market for supercapacitors is estimated at $470 million in 2010. Demand for supercapacitors is projected to continue growing at a very healthy rate during the next 5 years, reaching a value of $1.2 billion in 2015, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 20.6%.
Building-integrated photovoltaics (BIPV) currently make up a small but noticeable part of the world PV market. The global market was valued at 1,201 megawatts in 2010 and is expected to increase at a 56% compound annual growth rate (CAGR) to reach a capacity of 11,392 megawatts in 2015.
The total global utility-scale electricity storage (UES) market is valued at nearly $4 billion in 2010 and is expected to reach $18.5 billion by 2015, at a 5-year compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 36.6%.
The report examines global markets for carbon dioxide capture and storage (CCS) technology, the status of competing carbon capture technologies as well as global technological research and development (R&D) for carbon capture technologies to prevent global warming. Includes forecasts through 2014
The overall goal of this report is to identify and prioritize the business opportunities for providers of Energy Management Information Systems (EMIS) and related services that will arise through 2015 as these technologies increase their market penetration.
This study determines the current status of the global market for renewable energy sources and assesses the growth potential over a 5-year period from 2010 to 2015. It covers the major sources of renewable energy as primary fuels‚hydroelectric, wind, solar, liquid biofuels for transportation, geothermal, and oceanic sources (wave, tidal and thermal).
This study reviews enhanced oil recovery (EOR) technologies, along with relevant market and production information, technological descriptions and issues, applications, and market factors and potential, and gives an overview of supporting incentives and regulations in major worldwide markets. Includes forecasts through 2014
The overall goal of this report is to comprehensively describe the key enabling technologies for the hydrogen economy, challenges that must be overcome before they can be commercialized, the projected cost to implement them over the near to mid-term (i.e., through 2015), and the resulting market opportunities.
Research report on the Global Markets for Industrial and Utility Solar Thermal Technologies. Includes forecasts through 2014
4 Upcoming Reports in Energy and Resources
Global Hydrogen Economy: Merchant Hydrogen and Hydrogen Purification Technologies
- An overview of the technologies and opportunities for the hydrogen economy market
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2017, 2018, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2023
- Brief description about hydrogen economy; its definitions and characteristics
- Coverage of the market's dynamics, specifically growth drivers, inhibitors, and opportunities
- Information on technologies used for production, storage, and distribution of hydrogen along with electrochemical energy conversion technologies
- Identification of challenges and how to overcome from those to reach its commercialization potential
- A look at the government programs and policies in support of the hydrogen economy
- Relevant patent analysis
- Detailed company profiles of major players in the market
Renewable Energy: Technologies and Global Markets
- An overview of the global market for renewable energy and related applications and technologies.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2016, 2017, and projections of CAGRs through 2022.
- Coverage of the major sources of renewable energy as primary fuels, including hydroelectric, wind, solar, liquid biofuels for transportation, geothermal, and oceanic sources (wave, tidal and thermal).
- Examination of the impact on the renewable energy market brought about by the surging global demand for energy, the impact of climate change on alternative fuels, improvements in technology, and the availability of new materials.
- Information on how each source of renewable energy may employ differing technologies, have differing constraints, and offer different possibilities to different classes of users.
- Comprehensive profiles of major players in the field.