Opportunities for Eco-friendly Sustainable Batteries
The global market for eco-friendly batteries should grow from $17.6 billion in 2019 to $34.3 billion by 2024 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 14.3% for the period of 2019-2024.
- 42 tables
- A brief overview of the global market for eco-friendly sustainable batteries
- Analyses of global market trends with data from 2018, estimates for 2019, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2024
- Characterization and quantification of market potential for eco-friendly sustainable batteries by battery types, components, technology types, applications and geographical regions
- Discussion of opportunities and challenges with respect to eco-friendly sustainable batteries, components and end-user industries
- Information on government regulations, environmental concerns, current trends and technological updates that can shape future marketplace in this ever-expanding market
- Patent analysis covering all major categories
- Comprehensive company profiles of major market players, including A123 Systems LLC, Itochu Corp., LG Chem, Mitsubishi Corp. (MC) and Panasonic Corp.
This report reviews both the global and regional markets of ecofriendly, sustainable batteries across different end use industries. The report analyzes the current market status and trends and provides growth forecasts for the five-year period 2019 to 2024. BCC Research analyzes various battery chemistries, identifies major players and explores global regulatory scenarios and commercialization initiatives. Additionally, the report examines technology developers and manufacturers of advanced sustainable batteries, their products and technologies and the geographical product presence wherever data is available.
The global eco-friendly sustainable battery market is analyzed based on the following application industries:
- Electric vehicles.
- Consumer electronics.
Further, the global eco-friendly sustainable battery market has been studied based on the following major markets:
- North America (N.A.).
- The United States (U.S).
- European Union (EU).
- United Kingdom (U.K.).
- Asia-Pacific (APAC).
- Rest of the World (ROW).
- United Arab Emirates (U.A.E.).
The report offers a detailed patent analysis with information on the strategic initiatives of market players within the past five years.
Estimated values used are based on manufacturers’ total revenues. Projected and forecast revenue values are in U.S. dollars, unadjusted for inflation.
BCC Research found all lead acid batteries to be environmentally unsafe, thus they are not considered in market sizing. Traditional lithium ion batteries are also not considered eco-friendly sustainable batteries.
The report only accounts for secondary or rechargeable batteries. The report does not consider the heavy-duty electric vehicle battery market in determining the market size.
Arpita Mukherjee has eight years of experience in technology market research and consulting, including work with a major market research and growth consulting firm. She holds a bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering and a master’s degree in Energy Science and Technology from Jadavpur University. She has experience as an engineering college lecturer and as a researcher in a government research laboratory. She primarily researches chemical and material markets and their use in niche application markets. She has conducted research in markets such as polymers, electronic chemicals, semiconductors, chemicals and material technology.
The analyst has authored technology market research studies in diverse areas including:
- Biodegradable stents.
- Ionic liquids.
- Healthcare packaging.
- Carboxymethyl cellulose (CMC).
- Nanocellulose technologies.
- Anti-corrosion coatings.
- Food safety technologies.
- Hydroprocessing catalysts.