Next-Generation Advanced Batteries: Global Markets
The global next-generation advanced batteries market reached $87.6 million in 2022 and should reach $1.8 billion by 2027, with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 83.5% during the forecast period of 2022-2027.
- 16 data tables and 36 additional tables
- A comprehensive overview of the global and regional markets for the next-generation advanced battery technologies
- Analyses of the global market trends with market revenue (sales figures) for 2021, estimates for 2022, forecasts for 2023, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2027
- Estimation of the actual market size for the global next-generation advanced battery technologies market both in value and volumetric terms, revenue forecast, and corresponding market share analysis based on the battery type, end use, and region
- Discussion of the major market drivers and opportunities in next-generation advanced battery, key shifts and regulations, industry specific challenges, and other region-specific macroeconomic factors that will shape this market demand in the coming years (2022-2027)
- Highlights of the recent advances made in next-generation advanced battery manufacturing and recycling, their commercial applications, industry structure, and a global supply chain analysis providing systematic study of all key intermediaries involved
- Coverage of the technological, economic, and business considerations of the global next-generation advanced battery technologies market through 2027
- Insight into the company competitive landscape and market share analysis of the major companies operating in the industry, and coverage of their proprietary technologies, strategic alliances, and other market strategic advantages
- Company profiles of major players within the industry, including Sion Power Corp., Contemporary Amperex Technology Co. Ltd., PolyPlus Battery Co., GS Yuasa Corp., and Sion Power Corp.
This report analyzes the global and regional markets for the next-generation advanced battery. In the battery type segment, solid-state batteries, lithium-sulfur batteries, next-generation flow batteries, metal-air batteries and others (magnesium ion batteries, sodium-sulfur batteries, sodium-ion batteries) are considered. We have omitted lithium-ion batteries, as well as any battery related to lithium-ion, from the scope.
Market data in this report quantifies opportunities for manufacturers of next-generation advanced batteries. In addition to identifying various battery types and applications, it also covers the many issues concerning the merits and prospects for the next-generation advanced battery. This includes corporate strategies, emerging technologies and the means for providing low-cost, high-technology products. The report also covers many economic and technological issues critical to the industry’s current state.
The report has been prepared in a simple, easy-to-understand format; and tables and figures are included to illustrate historical, current and future market scenarios. The report also covers leading companies with information on the next-generation advanced battery, business footprints, revenues and employee strength, among other factors. The report also includes a list of other companies in the global market along with their product-related information.
This report has considered the impacts of COVID-19 and the Russia-Ukraine war on the global and regional markets. For purposes of this report, 2021 is considered a historical year, 2022 is the base year, and the market values are forecasted for five years from 2022 to 2027. All market values are presented in USD ($).
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Tax incentives and regulatory assistance for plug-in hybrid electric vehicles (PHEVs).
- Increase in the demand for electric vehicles worldwide.
- Increasing concerns for exhausting valuable and rare earth metals.
BCC Research Team possesses expertise and experience in life and physical science domains. They specialize in offering valuable business insights, including industry analysis, competitor intelligence, strategic and financial analysis, and opportunity assessment. The team has in-depth knowledge of various sectors, including healthcare, biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, IT, automation, advanced materials, and energy. They are proficient in qualitative and quantitative market intelligence providing clients with actionable insights. With a vast understanding of the competitive landscape, the team can support clients in making data-driven decisions to help them achieve a competitive edge in their respective markets.
|Base year considered||2022|
|Forecast period considered||2022-2027|
|Base year market size||$87.6 million|
|Market size forecast||$1.8 billion|
|Growth rate||CAGR of 83.5% for the forecast period of 2022-2027|
|Units considered||$ Millions|
|Segments covered||Battery Type, End Use, Region|
|Regions covered||North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Rest of the World (RoW)|
|Countries covered||Canada, Mexico, Germany, France, U.K., Italy, Rest of Europe, China, Japan, South Korea, Rest of Asia-Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa|
|Key Market Drivers||
|Companies studied||BRIGHTVOLT , CYMBET , CONTEMPORARY AMPEREX TECHNOLOGY LTD. (CATL) , ESS INC. , GPINDUSTRIAL , GS YUASA CORP. , ION STORAGE SYSTEMS , ILIKA PLC , NGK INSULATORS LTD. , POLYPLUS BATTERY CO. , PRIMUS POWER CORP. , QUANTUMSCAPE CORP. , SAFT , SES AI CORP. , SION POWER , SOLID POWER , VIZN ENERGY SYSTEMS INC. , ZAF ENERGY SYSTEMS INC.|