Sodium-ion Batteries: Materials, Technologies and Global Markets to 2022
The global market for sodium-ion batteries will grow from $420 million in 2017 to $1.2 billion by 2022 with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 23.9% for the period of 2017-2022.
- 48 data tables and 69 additional table
- An overview of the global market for sodium ion batteries, materials, and technologies
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2016, estimates for 2017, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2022
- Analyses of the market by application, technology, and region
- Insight into market trends and information about emerging electrochemical energy storage technologies
- A look at drivers and limiters of the sodium-based batteries market
- Discussion of the current state of the art of sodium-based batteries and the technological hurdles in overtaking lithium-based batteries
- In-depth patent analysis for sodium-based batteries
- Profiles of major players in the industry
- Company profiles of major players in the industry, including: Automotive Energy Supply Corp., Asahi Kasei Chemicals Corp., BYD Auto Co. Ltd., Maxpower Inc., Natron Energy, Nippon Shokubai Co. Ltd, Showa Denko K.K. (SDK)
Sodium-ion batteries have sodium-ion charge carriers. Sodium-ion batteries have recently gained commercialization status, and the market is expected to grow with an impressive compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 23.9% for the forecast period of 2017 to 2022. The report details various segments of the sodium-ion battery market. The market is segmented on the basis of technologies. The market by technology includes sodium-sulfur batteries, sodium-salt batteries, sodium-ion batteries and sodium-oxygen batteries.
The market is further segmented on the basis of end users, which includes portable electronic devices (mobile phones, laptop and tablets, cameras, portable medical devices, portable electronic devices, toys, drones and remote access devices), automobile applications (electric vehicle and fossil fuel-based vehicles), residential power backup, commercial power backup, grid-level applications, industrial, military and space applications.
The report also analyzes the market for raw materials, which includes electrolyte materials, separators, barrier materials, encapsulating materials, packaging and other. The report also analyzes patents and new technologies.
The market is further segmented by geographic region. The major geographic regions covered in the report are North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Rest of the World (RoW). A country-specific breakdown of the market for sodium-ion batteries market is also included in the report. The study covers the global market for the sodium-ion market, and is not limited to the countries included in this report. The selection of the countries to be included in this report was mainly based on the total revenue generated from the sale of sodium-ion market. Major countries included in the report are the U.S., Canada, Germany, the U.K., Spain, Italy, France, China, Japan and India.
The competitive landscape of the global market for sodium-ion batteries market is discussed and includes profiles of the major companies and their product portfolios. All categories are discussed in detail, describing each segment, identifying current products on the market, measuring market size, identifying market drivers, forecasting for 2017 to 2022, and assessing the competitors and competitor market shares.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
ANUJ PATHAK has written and researched the global medical device market, surgical instruments and biotechnology market. Skilled in information technology and computer management, he has an undergraduate business degree and an MBA degree.