Global Markets and Technologies for Thin-Film Batteries
The global market for thin-film batteries reached $51.8 million in 2012. The market is expected to reach $87.3 million in 2013 and $647.6 million in 2018 for a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 49.3%.
- An overview of the global market for thin film batteries, which are fabricated using thin film technologies such as sputtering, pulsed laser deposition, CVD, and sol-gel deposition
- Analyses of global market trends with data from 2011 and 2012, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2018
- Discussion of thin film batteries as energy supply components for very thin portable electronics (e.g., cell phones, new-generation laptops and tablet PCs), implantable medical devices, miniature sensors, smart cards, and RFID tags, and that they also offer the potential for storing energy produced by solar cells
- Identification of the various types of thin film batteries that are currently commercially available
- Coverage of market growth trends based on industry growth, technological trends, and regional trends
- A summary of patents related to various types of thin film batteries and their fabrication methods and applications
- Comprehensive company profiles of top industry players.
SCOPE OF REPORT
This report provides an updated review of TFBs, including materials and production processes, and identifies current and emerging applications for this technology.
BCC Research delineates the current market status for TFBs, defines trends, and presents growth forecasts for the next 5 years. The TFB industry is analyzed based on the following segments: type, chemistry, application, and region. In addition, technological issues, including key events and the latest process developments, are also discussed.
More specifically, BCC’s market analysis is divided into five sections.
In the first section (chapter 3), an introduction to the topic and a historical review of TFBs are provided, including an outline of recent events. In this section, current and emerging applications for TFBs are also identified and described.
The second section (chapter 4) provides a technological review of the fabrication steps used to manufacture TFBs, with an outline of the most common processes and innovative production methods. This section concludes with an analysis of the most important technological developments since 2010, including examples of significant patents recently issued or applied for, as well as highlighting the most active research organizations operating in this field.
The third section (chapter 5) entails a global market analysis of TFBs. Global revenues (sales data in millions of dollars) are presented for each segment (battery type, chemistry, application, and region) with actual data for the years 2011 and 2012 and estimated revenues for 2013.
The analysis of current revenues for TFBs is followed by a detailed presentation of market growth trends, based on industry growth, technological trends, and regional trends. The third section concludes by providing projected revenues for TFBs within each segment, together with forecast CAGRs for 2013 through 2018.
In the fourth section of the study (chapter 6), which covers global industry structure, the report offers a list of the leading manufacturers of TFBs, together with a description of their products. The analysis includes a description of the geographical distribution of these suppliers and an evaluation of other key industry players. Detailed company profiles of the top players are also provided.
The fifth and final section (chapter 7) includes an extensive U.S. patent analysis, with a summary of patents related to TFBs, materials, fabrication methods, and applications. The patents examined in this study were issued from 2011 through 2013. Patent analysis is performed by region, country, assignee, patent category, application, battery type, and fabrication process.
Margareth Gagliardi has extensive experience in the field of advanced materials, specializing in ceramic formulations, materials processing, and new product development. For more than 20 years, she has held management positions in both manufacturing and R&D within U.S. and European firms producing electronic, mechanical, chemical and structural components. She currently works as a consultant serving a variety of organizations and research institutions. She holds a B.S. in Chemical Engineering and an M.S. in Ceramic Engineering.
- Lead-Free Piezoelectric Ceramics: Technologies and Global Opportunities (NAN063A)
- Advanced Image-guided Surgery Systems (HLC246A)
- Machine Learning in the Life Sciences (HLC245A)
- Super-resolution Imaging Technologies in Life Science (HLC243A)
- Strategies for Colloidal Stabilization of Nanoparticles for Life Science (BIO189A)
When do I get the report?
Most reports are fulfilled immediately. In some cases, it could take up to 24 hours.
In what format does this report get delivered to me?
We will send you an email with login credentials to access the report. You will also be able to download the pdf.
What are the free reports included in my purchase?
They consist of a collection of current reports from various partner publishers scanning multiple industries.
What is the difference between BCC Research and BCC Publishing?
BCC Research curates thousands of reports from different sources and provides access to this content to our clients. BCC Publishing is the publication arm of BCC Research (one of several publishers in our portal).
What reports do I get 'discounts' on with my purchase?
All reports. BCC Publishing reports will be available for a 50% discount. All other partner publishers are also available at deeply discounted rates.
Where are you located?
Wellesley Massachusetts, just outside of Boston, Massachusetts, USA.
How long has BCC Research been around?
We are approaching our 50 year anniversary in 2021!
What if I want you to invoice me for payment via Purchase Order?
Simply choose Pay by Purchase Order when you are checking out. We will connect with you via email to set up your order.
What if I have a question about your reports?
Call us, email us, or chat with us! We encourage your questions and feedback. We have a research concierge team available at all times, and included in every purchase, to help our customers find the research they need-when they need it.
Can I share this report with my team?
Absolutely yes, with the purchase of additional user licenses.
Can I use your research in my presentation?
Absolutely yes, so long as the publisher is properly cited.