Advanced Orthopedic Technologies, Implants and Regenerative Products
BCC Research estimates that the global market for advanced orthopedics will grow from $35.3 billion in 2013 to nearly $36.4 billion in 2014, continuing to increase at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.0% for the period of 2014 to 2019 reaching nearly $42.2 billion in 2019.
- An overview of the global market for advanced orthopedic technologies, implants, and regenerative products.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2013, estimates for 2014, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2019.
- A look at how new items and biotechnological advancements are beginning to revolutionize future growth of the orthopedic device market.
- Segmented analysis based on product categories, product uses, forecasts, as well as competitive analyses.
- Comprehensive profiles of major players in the field.
SCOPE OF THE REPORT
This study will be a helpful business tool providing a thorough evaluation of the advanced orthopedic market. Its geographic scope is global, with special emphasis on the U.S., Europe and Asia-Pacific. The report identifies markets in three general segments:
- Bone repair and regenerative products.
- Cartilage and soft tissue repair and regenerative products.
- Joint replacement, implants and regenerative products.
Each market segment provides detailed information based on product categories, product use, forecasts and competitive analyses.
Advanced orthopedics deals with those products involving new techniques and next-generation therapies. They provide a significant patient outcome over traditional methods, as well as improving healing and lowering overall care costs. These products incorporate biotechnological advancements and improved methods for dealing with orthopedic injuries and conditions.
Products in this study are considered to be at the forefront of orthopedic device technology. Products not considered advanced include external bracing, slings, casting materials and so forth. Those classified by industry experts as advanced orthopedic products include: human bone products and materials, bone-growth stimulators, synthetic bone replacements, cartilage and soft tissue fixation systems, biologics/biomaterials, complex joint replacement devices, spine devices, and joint fluid replacements.
Melissa Elder is an experienced healthcare market analyst specializing in medical treatments, equipment and devices. Ms. Elder holds an MBA in Health Care Management and provides consultation to various institutions globally. She has been involved in the healthcare industry since 1996, providing more than 23 years of industry expertise. Ms. Elder has specialized in market research for more than 20 years, focusing on the areas of advanced medical technologies, biological products and animal health. In-depth analysis into more than 100 health-related topics has given Ms. Elder substantial insight into industry dynamics, market influences and future direction of various health markets. Her work in the medical community, including emergency room medical training and healthcare information system coordination, has enhanced her ability to provide insight into many healthcare specialties. She has authored several industry-specific documents and is a well-respected contributor to the market research community. Her writings are published in magazines, newspapers and professional journals. She is also an experienced custom market research writer who has worked with a large variety of clients in many fields who require innumerable variations to research documents.
- Conventional and Alternative Pain Treatment Markets (HLC266A)
- Global Markets for Animal Therapeutics and Diagnostics (HLC034F)
- Global Dental Markets: Furniture, Equipment, Materials and Supplies (HLC028F)
- Pharmacy Automation: Technologies and Global Markets (IAS026F)
- World Markets for Fermentation Ingredients (FOD020F)
The total market for advanced orthopedic technology and products was estimated to exceed $28 billion in 2010. New technologies and an increasingly older population are two of the major driving forces within the market. By 2015, the advanced orthopedic technology and product market is likely to reach $32.4 billion, with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) from 2010 to 2015 of 2.7%.
The total market for advanced orthopedic technology and products was estimated to exceed $17.5 billion in 2006, up 11.7% from $15.7 billion the previous year (2005). By 2012, the advanced orthopedic technology and product market is likely to reach $31.9 billion, with average growth estimated at 10.3%.
Worldwide, the bone repair and regenerative product market has increased at a rate of 19% to 22% annually over the past several years. In 2006, the market experienced a 22% increase over the $910 million in 2005 to reach $1.1 billion.
Worldwide, the total joint replacement, implant and regenerative product markets generated approximately $15.8 billion in 2006, an increase of 11.4% over $11.2 billion estimated for 2005.