Wireless Electronic Health Records: Technologies and Global Markets
The global wireless electronic health record (EHR) market should reach $65.9 billion by 2026 from $28.8 billion in 2021 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 18.0% for the forecast period of 2021 to 2026.
- 164 data tables and 45 additional tables
- An overview of the global markets and technologies for wireless electronic health records
- Estimation of the market size and analyses of market trends, with data from 2018 to 2020, estimates for 2021 and projection of CAGR through 2026
- Quantification of wireless electronic health records market based on EHR segment, type, medical speciality, EHR software and mobile technologies, application, end-user and region
- Detailed description of evolution and business impact, key wireless EHR product categories and an overview of clinical trials, investment scenarios and strategic issues of the industry
- Highlights of the current and future market potential and a detailed analysis of the regulatory framework and reimbursement scenarios
- Identification of market drivers, restraints and other forces impacting the global market and evaluation of current market size and forecast and technological advancements within the industry
- Market share analysis of the key companies of the industry and coverage of events like mergers & acquisitions, joint ventures, collaborations or partnerships, and other key market strategies and a relevant patent analysis
- Company profiles of major players, including Abbott, Drägerwerk AG & Co. KGaA, General Electric, Honeywell International Inc., Medtronic, Oracle Corp. and Siemens
This BCC report is designed to be a helpful business tool to provide a thorough evaluation of the wireless EHR market. The geographical scope is worldwide, with an emphasis on major markets such as the United States. This report identifies products by type, application, end user and specialty.
Within the global wireless EHR market by type, two general areas are identified—wireless EHR devices and wireless EHR software—with appropriate subsegments discussed. These include the following categories.
By type, the segments of this market include:
- Wireless EHR devices.
- Blood glucose meters.
- Multi-parameter patient monitor.
- BP monitors.
- Apnea and sleep monitor.
- Coagulation monitors.
- Neurological monitoring.
- Stress monitoring.
- Pulse oximetry.
- Pediatric growth trackers.
- Holter monitor.
- Smart infusion pumps.
- Peak flow meters.
- Others: Serotonin biosensors, fetal monitors.
- Wireless EHR software.
- Computerized health records.
- Document and image management (RIS/PACS).
- Administration (cloud platform).
- Decision support tools (alerts and guidelines).
- Billing automation.
By application, the segments of this market include:
By end user, the segments of this market include:
- Long-term care facilities.
- Physician offices.
By specialty (indication), the segments of this market include:
- Obstetrics and gynecology.
- General surgery.
The report exclusively includes wireless or mobile technologies with respect to the EHR market. Other allied markets such as the conventional EHR market and electronic medical record (EMR) markets are only covered for overall understanding of the market. However, in-depth market estimates of such markets and stand-alone remote patient monitoring devices are excluded from the scope of the study.
BCC Publishing Staff comprises expert analysts who are skilled in conducting primary research, secondary research and data analysis and have decades of combined experience covering a wide range of industries, including healthcare, advanced materials and emerging technologies. Collectively, the team represents a diverse set of educational achievements with individual graduate work completed in fields such as microbiology, electrical engineering, business administration and surgery, among others.
The global wireless EHR market is expected to reach $ 11.2 billion in 2013.This market is further expected to grow upto $23.5 billion in 2018 with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 16.1%.
- An overview of the evolving global market for electronic health records (EHR).
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2012, estimates for 2013, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2018.
- Segmentation of the market on the basis of wireless patient monitoring, EHR-compatible devices, wireless EHR software, EHR mobile technologies, application markets, end-user markets, and specialty markets.
- Examination of key technologies such as blood glucose meters, BP monitors, pulse oximetry, capnography, stress monitoring, pediatric growth trackers, coagulation monitors, peak flow meters, 3G, RFID, and Zigbee.
- Discussion of market dynamics, analysis, and key findings at macro and micro market levels, as well as the regulatory framework and reimbursement scenario across geographies.
- Patent analyses by technology, company, and geography.
- Comprehensive company profiles of key players in the industry.