Digital Entertainment in the Home: Technologies and Global Markets
The global digital home entertainment systems market reached nearly $147.4 billion in 2012. This market is expected to grow to $150.9 billion in 2013 and $176.3 billion in 2018, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.2% over the five-year period, 2013 to 2018.
- An in-depth analysis and forecast of the home digital entertainment market
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2012, estimates for 2013, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2018
- Coverage of market trends, drivers, and inhibitors
- Examination of the size and growth of identified entertainment technology categories
- Comprehensive company profiles of key players in the market.
SCOPE OF REPORT
The shifts described above create new opportunities for vendors and service providers serving the home entertainment market. The goal of this report is to identify the main business opportunities, while providing information on the conditions and challenges that must be met in order to take advantage of these opportunities profitably.
Specific objectives of the report include:
- Identifying the digital home entertainment devices and technologies with the greatest commercial potential in the near to mid-term (2013-2018).
- Analyzing recent sales trends and quantifying current sales of each device and technology.
- Identifying and evaluating the impact of economic, business, demographic technological, legal/regulatory and other factors that will drive the future market for each device and technology.
- Forecasting future sales of each device and technology in value and, where possible, in unit terms through 2018.
Digital home entertainment systems feature a suite of components that include (in alphabetical order):
- Audio Systems.
- Digital TV.
This report examines technologies, markets, and factors influencing the markets for integrated entertainment systems, one that integrate the controls of various subsystems. Markets are forecast on the basis of historic activity and current opportunities, government initiatives and policies, and the status of the construction and renovation industries in specific nations.
The forecasts presented are for the total available markets. Some discussion is provided that compares actual revenues with market potential on various continents. Markets are broken down on a geographic basis and discussed within the context of the trends in construction activity, regulatory initiatives, and the revenue potential associated with home entertainment systems.
The revenue comes from North American, European, and Asian markets. A detailed analysis of the home entertainment market potential in these geopolitical economic regions is used as a basis for estimating world markets for these products. Thorough analyses are carried out on construction industry practices in the target regions. Trends toward the uptake of home entertainment products and costs are examined, along with associated laws, regulations, and common practices.
Geographic and environmental factors influencing requirements for the systems are examined, as are national and international responses to global environmental challenges.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Paul Korzeniowski is a market research analyst and building automation consultant with more than two decades of experience. His work has centered on determining major market trends in the development of new networking standards, integration of building systems and the emergence of new technologies such as wireless communications. He has authored reports on markets for building automation systems for a wide variety of publications, including Investor's Business Daily, Business 2.0 and EnergyBiz.