Digital Devices for the Living Room: Technologies and Global Markets
The global market for digital living room (DLR) devices was estimated to be worth $144.4 billion in 2010. At a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 9.4%, the DLR devices market is expected to grow to $225.8 billion in 2015. This growth will be primarily driven by the invention of new video technologies (e.g., 3D-TV) and increased consumer desire for having complete digital home theater experiences at home.
REPORT SCOPE AND ORGANIZATION
This report is divided into five parts: televisions, set-top boxes, DVDs, DVRs, and high-end media systems. The following is provided for each chapter:
- Definition and further segmentation
- Overall market
- Geographic data
- Revenue by end application
- Business models
- Growth forecast and market trends
- Key players and market share
The report also includes a high-level discussion of the hardware and software design that pertains to each segment.
The number of living room devices could be unlimited in the sense that one could argue that an iPad-like device is also part of digital living room in the future. For the sake of this report, the previously listed categories are limited to the most common categories found in this area.
This report will provide:
- Understanding of the architecture of digital living home devices and the roles played by different hardware and software components
- Understanding of the market segment and the factors driving its growth
- Knowledge of business models used in different market segments
- Market potential for each segment and projection for the next 5 years
Anand Joshi has more than 15 years of experience in CE (Consumer Electronics), as well as the embedded and semiconductor industries. As an avid collector of gadgets, he has been involved with digital home technology throughout his career.
As an industry executive, he has often been involved in developing market strategies, market projection, and modeling. He brings his extensive industry expertise and knowledge to the development of this report.