Virtual and Augmented Reality: Technologies and Global Markets
The global virtual and augmented reality (VR and AR) technologies market should reach $142.4 billion by 2023 from $13.4 billion in 2018 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 60.4% for the period 2018-2023.
- 47 data tables and 30 additional tables
- An industry analysis of the global markets and technologies for the virtual and augmented reality (VR and AR)
- Analyses of global market trends with data from 2017, estimates for 2018, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2023
- Quantification of the VR and AR market by various segments such as technology types, applications, components and geographical regions
- Discussion covering current and future trends and analysis on a basis of various competitive technologies
- Emphasis on the major drivers, restraints, and opportunities that affect the global VR/AR market and supplier landscape
- A relevant patent analysis
- Examination of vendor landscape and profiles of major market players within the industry, including 7D Vision, Apple, Inc., DAQRI, HTC Corp., Microsoft Corp., Nvidia Corp., Qualcomm, Inc., and Sony Corp.
The scope of this study includes market information on virtual and augmented reality technologies and their key segments, including components, technologies, sectors and regions. It includes overall VR and AR device revenue, including software.
By component, the virtual and augmented reality technologies market is segmented into hardware and software. The technology segment is bifurcated by fully-immersive, non-immersive, semi-immersive and distributed for VR; and mobile-based, wearable, vision and spatial for AR. Based on sector, the market is segmented into healthcare, gaming, education, military, industrial training, engineering and others. Finally, by region, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Rest of World (ROW). Revenue forecasts from 2018 to 2023 are given for all of the above-mentioned segments in the virtual and augmented technologies market with estimated values derived from solution providers’ total revenue.
The report also includes a discussion of the major players across each regional market. Further, it explains the major drivers, restraints/challenges and opportunities of the market. The report concludes with a special focus on patents and the vendor landscape which includes detailed profiles of the major vendors in the global virtual and augmented reality technologies market. Some of the companies profiled in the report include Microsoft, Alphabet Inc. (Google), Sony Corp, HTC, Oculus, Daqri, Vuzix, Eon Reality and Osterhout Design Group. The report also focuses on the major drivers, restraints and opportunities that affect the market and the supplier landscape. The research estimates the global virtual and augmented reality market in 2017 and 2018 and includes forecasts for 2023.
BCC Publishing Staff comprises expert analysts who are skilled in conducting primary research, secondary research and data analysis and have decades of combined experience covering a wide range of industries, including healthcare, advanced materials and emerging technologies. Collectively, the team represents a diverse set of educational achievements with individual graduate work completed in fields such as microbiology, electrical engineering, business administration and surgery, among others.
The global market for virtual and augmented reality was nearly $4.5 billion in 2014. The market is expected to reach $105.2 billion by 2020 from $8.1 billion in 2015, increasing at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 67% from 2015 to 2020.
- An overview of the global markets and related technologies for virtual and augmented reality.
- Analyses of U.S. as well as international market trends, with data from 2014, 2015, and projections of CAGRs through 2020.
- Insight into the market through market sizes, revenue forecasts, value chain analysis, market & product trends, and the competitive landscape.
- Breakdowns of the market and analyses presented by type, by application, by technology, by component and by geography.
- Discussion covering current and future trends and analysis on a basis of various competitive technologies.
- Evaluation of the market's dynamics, specifically growth drivers, restraints, and opportunities.
- Relevant patent analysis.
- Coverage of leading players and their key developments, strategies, and profiles.