Semiconductor Chips: Applications and Impact of Shortage
The global market for semiconductor chips is estimated to increase from $585.4 billion in 2022 to reach $882.1 billion by 2027, at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.5% from 2022 through 2027.
- 25 data tables and 49 additional tables
- A detailed overview and an up-to-date analysis of the global markets for semiconductor chips and their commercial applications
- Analyses of the global market trends, with market revenue (sales figures) for 2021, estimates for 2022 and 2023, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2027
- Estimation of the actual market size and revenue forecast for global semiconductor chips market in USD billions, and corresponding market share analysis by type, end-user and region
- Highlights of the upcoming market opportunities with respect to regions and applications of the semiconductor chip market, and major issues and trends affecting the shortage
- Insight into the semiconductor chips market through an assessment of the current market size and forecast of market development in the coming five years, and an understanding of the reasons behind the present shortage of chips
- Insight into the value chain analysis, demand-supply gap, and factors driving the shortage of semiconductor chips in 2021/2022, and analysis of the impact of this shortage across various end users and key countries
- Identification of the major stakeholders and analysis of the competitive landscape based on recent developments, financial performance, and segmental revenues
- Updated information on recent mergers, acquisitions, collaborations, agreements, partnerships, product launches, and expansions in the global semiconductor chips market
- Descriptive company profiles of the leading global players, including SMIC, Advanced Micro Devices Inc., MediaTek Inc., Kioxia Holding Corp., Texas Instruments Inc., and Samsung Electronics Co Ltd.
In this report, the semiconductor chip market has been segmented based on type, end user and geography. The report provides an overview of the global semiconductor chip market and analyzes market trends. Using 2021 as the base year, the report provides estimated market data for the forecast period, 2022-2027. Revenue forecasts for this period are segmented based on type, end user and geography. Market values have been estimated based on the total revenue of semiconductor chip providers.
The report covers the market for semiconductor chips with regards to user base across different regions. It also focuses on the major trends and challenges that affect the market and the vendor landscape. The report estimates the global market for marketing analytics in 2021 and provides projections of the expected market size through 2027.
Note: A large part of the report focuses on the global semiconductor chip shortage of 2021. The report analyzes the impact of this shortage across various end users and key countries.
The terms semiconductor chips, computer chip, microchip and integrated circuits are used interchangeably.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
BCC Publishing Staff comprises expert analysts who are skilled in conducting primary research, secondary research and data analysis and have decades of combined experience covering a wide range of industries, including healthcare, advanced materials and emerging technologies. Collectively, the team represents a diverse set of educational achievements with individual graduate work completed in fields such as microbiology, electrical engineering, business administration and surgery, among others.
|Base year considered||2021|
|Forecast period considered||2022-2027|
|Base year market size||$542.1 billion|
|Market size forecast||$882.1 billion|
|Growth rate||CAGR of 8.5% for the forecast period of 2022-2027|
|Units considered||$ Billions|
|Segments covered||Type, end user and region|
|Regions covered||North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific,|
|Countries covered||U.S., Canada, Mexico, France, Germany, UK, India, South Korea, Taiwan, China, and Japan|
|Key Market Drivers||
The global semiconductor chips market should reach $553.6 billion by 2026 from $381.0 billion in 2021 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 7.8% for the forecast period of 2021 to 2026.
- 30 data tables and 19 additional tables
- Insight into the global market for semiconductor chips and their widespread applications
- Analyses of the global market trends, with data from 2019 to 2020, estimates for 2021 and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2026
- Evaluation and forecast the overall semiconductor chips market size (in USD millions), and corresponding market share analysis by type, application, end-user industry and geographic region
- Highlights of emerging technology trends, opportunities and gaps estimating current and future demand for semiconductor chips, and impact of COVID-19 on the progress of this market
- Identification of the companies best positioned to meet this demand owing to their proprietary technologies, new product launches, M&A deals and other strategic alliances
- Discussion of industry value chain analysis, demand-supply gap and factors driving the shortage of semiconductor chips, effectively used in electronic devices manufacturing and the development of all emerging technologies
- Competitive landscape of the major players operating within global market, and their global rankings and company share analysis
- Profile descriptions of the leading vendor companies, Apple Inc., Broadcom Inc., Intel Corp., Qualcomm Inc., Samsung Group and Texas Instruments Inc.