Quantum Computing: Technologies and Global Markets to 2022
The global commercial quantum computing market is expected to reach $1.3 billion by 2027 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 52.9% from 2022 to 2027 and $161 million by 2022 from $33.0 million in 2017 at a CAGR of 37.3% for the period 2017-2022.
- 35 data tables
- Detailed study and an industry analysis of the global markets and technologies for quantum computing
- Analyses of global market trends with data from 2016, forecasts for 2017 to 2027, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2027
- Identification of the quantum computing technologies and products with the greatest commercial potential
- Segmentation of the global quantum computing market by technology type, end use, application sector, and geographical region
- Technological assessment of the key drivers and constraints that will shape the market for quantum computing over the next ten years
- Examination of the companies that are best positioned to meet the demand for quantum computing technologies, because of proprietary technologies, strategic alliances or other advantages
- Profiles of the leading companies offering products and services related to quantum computing technologies, including D-Wave Systems, Intel Corp., International Business Machines Corp., Microsoft, and Amgen Inc.
The report focuses on the following end-user sectors and applications for quantum computing:
- End-user sectors
- Information technology.
- Basic research.
- Quantum simulation.
- Optimization problems.
Andrew McWilliams spent more than 25 years as a consultant with Ernst & Young, McKinsey & Company and A.T. Kearny focused on manufacturing before segueing into research analysis. He has been covering myriad technology categories for BCC Research for more than 15 years. McWilliams has a BA from Princeton University and an MA from Harvard University. He has worked in more than 40 countries and he resides in the greater Boston area.