Semiconductor Memory: Technologies and Global Markets
The global sales of memory to semiconductor device manufacturers and end users is expected to be worth nearly $79 billion in 2014, an 11.3% compound annual growth rate (CAGR) over the 2009 value of $46.2 billion.
Mainstream memory market sectors such as DRAM will increase at a 10.4% compound annual growth rate (CAGR), from an estimated $25.2 billion in 2009 to $41.5 billion in 2014.
New age memory such as NAND flash was worth an estimated $12.8 billion in 2009 and is expected to increase to $25.7 in 2014, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 15%.
Memory is an indispensable component of computing devices. This indispensability has unfortunately led to stagnation on technology and business fronts. Major reason for this stagnation is the extreme level of commoditization of memory: Memory function remains fairly consistent regardless of its usage. Memory is probably the most under-innovated component in the computing architecture, given the potential for innovations.
- Forecasting the market size for overall mainstream memory technology chipsets in value and volume terms
- Forecasting the market size for overall new age memory technology chipsets in value and volume terms
- Breaking down the overall mainstream memory market on the basis of memory technology: NAND flash, NOR flash, dynamic random access memory (DRAM), static random access memory (SRAM) and serial electrically erasable programmable read only memory (serial EEPROM).
- Breaking down the overall new age memory market on the basis of memory technology: non-volatile RAM (NRAM), magneto-resistive RAM (MRAM), phase change RAM (PCRAM), ferroelectric RAM (FeRAM) and molecular RAM
- Breaking down the individual mainstream memory technology market along end-user applications and geographical regions
- Breaking down the individual new age semiconductor memory technology market along end-user applications and geographical regions
- Analyzing the applications, drivers and prospects for mainstream memory technology chipsets
- Analyzing the benefits, technology, drivers and prospects for new age memory technology chipsets
- Analyzing the stakeholder value chain for mainstream and new age memory technologies
- Analyzing the patenting activity involving mainstream and new age memory technologies.
- Memory chip manufacturers, the face of the memory industry, as this report maps the prospects of their outputs in the conventional and new age spaces
- IP owners, who are the growth engines of innovation, as this report forecasts the market potential for their innovation initiatives
- Foundries, who bring the largest quantum of investment to the table, as this report forecasts the market size in terms of volume shipments, which can be a useful barometer for forecasting their occupancy levels
- Fabless companies, as this report maps the prospects of their outputs in the conventional and new age spaces
- IDMs, as the report details the average selling price (ASP) trends of mainstream and new age memory technologies.
- Device OEMs and motherboard makers, as this report details the technology and business relative benefits of the mainstream and new age memory technologies.
- Mainstream memory technologies: NAND flash, NOR, flash, dynamic random access memory (DRAM), static random access memory (SRAM) and serial electrically erasable programmable read only memory (EEPROM)
- New age memory technologies: Non volatile/nano RAM (NRAM), magnetic RAM (MRAM), phase change RAM (PCRAM), ferroelectric RAM (FeRAM) and molecular RAM
- Value in millions of dollars
- Volume in millions of units
- Market by end-application categories such as telecommunications, computing, consumer electronics, industrial, scientific, and others
- Market by geographical regions such as the Americas, Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA), and Asia-Pacific (APAC)
- Examine BCC’s complete catalog of Market Research Reports and place direct orders
- Subscribe to any of BCC’s many industry newsletters
- Read announcements of recently published reports and newly launched newsletters
- Register for BCC’s well-known conferences
- Request additional information on any BCC product
- Take advantage of special offers
When do I get the report?
Most reports are fulfilled immediately. In some cases, it could take up to 24 hours.
In what format does this report get delivered to me?
We will send you an email with login credentials to access the report. You will also be able to download the pdf.
What are the free reports included in my purchase?
They consist of a collection of current reports from various partner publishers scanning multiple industries.
What is the difference between BCC Research and BCC Publishing?
BCC Research curates thousands of reports from different sources and provides access to this content to our clients. BCC Publishing is the publication arm of BCC Research (one of several publishers in our portal).
What reports do I get 'discounts' on with my purchase?
All reports. BCC Publishing reports will be available for a 50% discount. All other partner publishers are also available at deeply discounted rates.
Where are you located?
Wellesley Massachusetts, just outside of Boston, Massachusetts, USA.
How long has BCC Research been around?
We are approaching our 50 year anniversary in 2021!
What if I want you to invoice me for payment via Purchase Order?
Simply choose Pay by Purchase Order when you are checking out. We will connect with you via email to set up your order.
What if I have a question about your reports?
Call us, email us, or chat with us! We encourage your questions and feedback. We have a research concierge team available at all times, and included in every purchase, to help our customers find the research they need-when they need it.
Can I share this report with my team?
Absolutely yes, with the purchase of additional user licenses.
Can I use your research in my presentation?
Absolutely yes, so long as the publisher is properly cited.