Electronics Contract Manufacturing and Design Services: The Global Market -- Focus on Asia-Pacific
- The global market for electronics contract manufacturing (ECM) was valued at $410 billion in 2011, and is projected to reach $435 billion in 2013 and $670 billion in 2018, a five-year compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 9% from 2013-2018.
- The ECM market in Asia-pacific region is projected to reach $337.9 billion in 2012 and $346 billion in 2013. This market is further forecasted to reach $544 billion in 2018, a five-year CAGR of 9.5% from 2013-2018.
- The ECM market in China is projected to reach $180.3 billion in 2012 and $182.7 billion in 2013. This market is further forecasted to reach $286.2 billion in 2018, a five-year CAGR of 9.4% from 2013-2018.
STUDY GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
This report points out the increasing importance of electronics contract manufacturing in the global economy and how contract manufacturing has influenced the cost structure of various electronic products. The report analyzes different aspects of electronics contract manufacturing, the companies involved in contract manufacturing, and identifies the areas where growth and improvement are needed.
REASONS FOR DOING THE STUDY
For any company to succeed in a competitive market, opportunities must be identified from the viewpoint of the company’s strengths. For this, it is necessary to understand the size and growth rate of any opportunity and the competitive atmosphere in which the company exists. This report presents the ideal medium to understand the various exciting and growing opportunities in the field of electronics contract manufacturing, both for buyers and providers of these contract manufacturing services. This report also focuses on the available opportunities in this vast area of ever-growing business and how to utilize these opportunities to acquire additional profitable business.
CONTRIBUTION OF THE STUDY
This report will help purchase managers of major original equipment manufacturers to look for suppliers with a view to reducing the total cost of the manufacturing process. This report is also intended to help marketing managers identify newer market opportunities and develop targeted promotion plans in the identified fields of the electronics contract manufacturing business. It will also help business development executives understand the dynamics of the electronics contract manufacturing market and identify possible new market segments. Information and research center librarians will be able to provide market researchers and brand and product managers with the information they need to do their jobs more effectively.
SCOPE OF REPORT
The report has been prepared in a simple format that can be easily understood with a number of tables and charts/figures. The scope of the report includes a detailed study of global and regional markets for various segments of the electronics contract manufacturing business, with reasons given for variations in the growth of the industry in certain regions.
Both primary and secondary research methods were used in this study. Primary information sources for this market research include individuals within companies, various research organizations, governmental agencies and trade associations. Secondary research sources include databases, trade literature, specialized journals and government statistics.
The analyst is a mechanical engineer with more than 40 years experience in designing factory layouts and setting up factories. He has set up factories for production of weighing machines and dynamic balancing machines in India and has experience in the design, production and servicing of the above equipment. He was Senior Vice President of M/S Schenck Avery Ltd., an Indo-German joint venture, and set up the electronics department for manufacturing various types of electronic weighing and dynamic balancing equipment. He has authored several technology market research reports for BCC Research.
BCC ONLINE SERVICES
BCC offers an online information retrieval service. BCC’s home page, located at www.bccresearch.com enables readers to:
- Examine BCC’s complete catalog of market research reports and place direct orders.
- Subscribe to any of BCC’s many industry newsletters.
- Read announcements of recently published reports and newly launched newsletters.
- Register for BCC’s well-known conferences.
- Request additional information on any BCC product.
- Take advantage of special offers.
The information developed in this report is intended to be as reliable as possible at the time of publication and of a professional nature. This information does not constitute managerial, legal or accounting advice; nor should it serve as a corporate policy guide, laboratory manual or an endorsement of any product, as much of the information is of a speculative nature. The author assumes no responsibility for any loss or damage that might result from reliance on the reported information or from its use.