Physical Vapor Deposition (PVD): Global Markets
The global market for PVD equipment, materials and services is expected to reach $29.2 billion by 2021 from $22.4 billion in 2016, rising at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.5% from 2016 through 2021.
- An overview of the global market for physical vapor deposition (PVD)
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2015, estimates for 2016, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2021
- Information about the current status of the global market for PVD equipment, material deposited by the process, and deposition services
- Breakdowns of PVD technologies and materials in terms of application, properties and processes
- Information relevant and of interest to those in the microelectronics business, manufacturers of cutting tools, specialty packagers, maker of storage equipment and media, companies in the solar energy business, manufacturers of automotive and aerospace parts, medical device makers and those in the optics industry
- Profiles of major players in the industry
This study encompasses PVD technologies and materials regarding application, properties, and processes. BCC Research analyzes the major types of PVD systems and materials used to manufacture products in eight key industries. Applications are discussed, as are properties imparted by PVD. Trends in demand also are reviewed, and their impacts on PVD are assessed.
Market drivers within each industry are identified. Materials deposited by PVD are analyzed according to basic functions (e.g., wear resistance, abrasion and corrosion resistance, conductivity and barrier protection). The value of PVD equipment shipments is projected within each industry by type of system. Material shipment values are projected, along with PVD service revenues. Technological issues and trends are reviewed, and other influential factors such as economic conditions and standards are discussed.
Because this is a global study, BCC Research analyzes domestic and international technological issues and economic considerations.
Andrew McWilliams spent more than 25 years as a consultant with Ernst & Young, McKinsey & Company and A.T. Kearny focused on manufacturing before segueing into research analysis. He has been covering myriad technology categories for BCC Research for more than 15 years. McWilliams has a BA from Princeton University and an MA from Harvard University. He has worked in more than 40 countries and he resides in the greater Boston area.
- Microscopy: The Global Market (IAS017G)
- Implosion Manufacturing: Novel Nanotech Methods for Next Generation Materials (NAN065A)
- Civil engineering Services for Public Works Infrastructure Projects: North America (ENG023A)
- Organic Foods and Beverages: Global Markets (FOD067B)
- Bionics: Technologies and Global Markets (HLC196B)
The global market for physical vapor deposition (PVD) equipment, materials, and services was worth roughly $19 billion in 2013. The market is expected to increase to nearly $20.3 billion in 2014 and $26.4 billion in 2019, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.5% for the period of 2014 to 2019.
- An overview of the global market for physical vapor deposition (PVD).
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2013, estimates for 2014, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2019.
- Information about the current status of the global market for PVD equipment, material deposited by the process, and deposition services.
- Information relevant and of interest to those in the microelectronics business, manufacturers of cutting tools, specialty packagers, maker of storage equipment and media, companies in the solar energy business, manufacturers of automotive and aerospace parts, medical device makers and those in the optics industry.
- Comprehensive profiles of leading companies in the industry.
The global market for the PVD (physical vapor deposition) industry was $9.2 billion in 2010 and $9.9 billion in 2011. BCC projects this market to reach nearly $15 billion by 2016 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.5% between 2011 and 2016.
The total value of the global physical vapor deposition (PVD) market is estimated at approximately $9.0 billion for 2009. This market is expected to increase at a 10.7% compound annual growth rate (CAGR) to reach $14.8 billion in 2014.
PVD equipment represents the largest market as shipments are projected to increase at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 10.5% and reach an estimated $10.5 billion in 2014, up from $6.4 billion in 2009.
Microelectronics represents the largest market for PVD equipment materials and services. After a steep decline in prior–year shipments, PVD equipment reached $2.8 billion in 2009 and will grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.7% to reach $4.3 billion in 2014.
The value of the global PVD industry will increase from an estimated $9.0 billion to $9.9 billion in 2008. It should reach $16.7 billion in 2013, a compound annual growth rate of 11%.
PVD equipment will remain the largest market as shipments grow at a compound annual rate of 9.6% to reach an estimated $7.1 billion in 2008. Growth will continue at a CAGR of 10.9% to reach $11.9 billion in 2013.
The microelectronics industry, encompassing semiconductors, components and flat panel displays, represent the largest market for PVD equipment, materials and services.
The value of worldwide shipments of PVD equipment is estimated to be 5.2 billion by 2005 and is forecast to rise at an average annual growth rate (AAGR) of 10.1%, and reach $8.4 billion by 2010.
The value of materials deposited will reach $1.1 billion in 2005 and is expected to rise at an AAGR of 11.1% to $1.8 billion by 2010.
The value of PVD services was $1.0 billion in 2005 and is projected to expand at an AAGR of 9.0%.
The microelectronics industry, encompassing semiconductors, components and flat panel displays, remains the largest market segment with data storage representing the fastest growing.
When do I get the report?
Most reports are fulfilled immediately. In some cases, it could take up to 24 hours.
In what format does this report get delivered to me?
We will send you an email with login credentials to access the report. You will also be able to download the pdf.
What are the free reports included in my purchase?
They consist of a collection of current reports from various partner publishers scanning multiple industries.
What is the difference between BCC Research and BCC Publishing?
BCC Research curates thousands of reports from different sources and provides access to this content to our clients. BCC Publishing is the publication arm of BCC Research (one of several publishers in our portal).
What reports do I get 'discounts' on with my purchase?
All reports. BCC Publishing reports will be available for a 50% discount. All other partner publishers are also available at deeply discounted rates.
Where are you located?
Wellesley Massachusetts, just outside of Boston, Massachusetts, USA.
How long has BCC Research been around?
We are approaching our 50 year anniversary in 2021!
What if I want you to invoice me for payment via Purchase Order?
Simply choose Pay by Purchase Order when you are checking out. We will connect with you via email to set up your order.
What if I have a question about your reports?
Call us, email us, or chat with us! We encourage your questions and feedback. We have a research concierge team available at all times, and included in every purchase, to help our customers find the research they need-when they need it.
Can I share this report with my team?
Absolutely yes, with the purchase of additional user licenses.
Can I use your research in my presentation?
Absolutely yes, so long as the publisher is properly cited.