Surveillance and Security Equipment: Technologies and Global Markets
The total market demand for surveillance equipment reached nearly $80 billion in 2011 and $81.3 billion in 2012. It will further grow to $127.6 billion by 2017, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 9.4% between 2012 and 2017.
- An overview of the global market for surveillance and security equipment.
- Discussion of related areas, such as the application of nanotechnology to sensors and the development of large-scale storage databases.
- Identification of current and future technologies, products, market segments and end markets, and government and regulatory agencies.
- Comprehensive company profiles of major players in the industry, and discussion of those companies in light of technological strengths and weakness, relative market shares, marketing strengths, and innovative marketing practices.
In preparing this report, an all-encompassing study of the surveillance equipment market was undertaken. Related areas such as the application of nanotechnology to sensors and the development of very large-scale storage databases were key to the analysis as well. These newer areas within the market—always a traditional focus of all BCC Research reports—foreshadow likely product developments in the years ahead. All major aspects of the surveillance market are addressed including identification of current and future technologies, products, market segments/end markets, and government and regulatory agencies. Participating companies are discussed in light of technological strengths and weaknesses, relative market share, marketing strengths and innovative marketing practices.
Research analyst Kevin Gainer holds both B.A. and M.A. degrees in quantitative economic analysis and forecasting and has 26 years of economic forecasting, industry intelligence and market research experience. He is the author of six published books and more than 100 magazine articles, technical papers, analyses and studies published in conference proceedings, including many prepared for intracompany use and therefore unpublished. He has worked as a Research Editor and Project Analyst at BCC Research since 1985, and has authored numerous BCC technology market research reports.
- The worldwide surveillance equipment market was valued at $78 billion in 2009 and is expected to increase at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of $11.7% to reach $139.2 billion in 2015. The largest end-user segment, industrial/commercial, which includes equipment used in law enforcement surveillance, was worth $49.7 billion in 2009. This market is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 13% to reach $94 billion by 2015.
- The military/government segment of the surveillance equipment market was worth $9.8 billion in 2009 and is projected to reach $16.1 billion by 2015, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 10%.
- Noncommercial applications principally consist of equipment sales for residential surveillance and security. This market was valued at $18.5 billion in 2009, and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 9% to reach $29.1 billion in 2015.