The U.S. Market for Home Automation and Security Technologies
The U.S. market for home automation systems and devices was worth approximately $3.2 billion in 2010. It is expected to grow to almost $3.4 billion in 2011. In the longer term (i.e., 2011 to 2016), the forecast is for strong renewed growth in the home automation market, which is expected to exceed $5.5 billion in 2016, a CAGR of 10.5% between 2011 and 2016.
The study covers the major segments of the home automation market, including:
- Lighting controls
- Heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) controls
- Energy management controls
- Entertainment controls
- Security controls
- Integrated (i.e., multi-function) controls
The study addresses the major enabling technologies for the various types of home automation products, such as:
- User interface devices
- Actuators and output devices (e.g., dimmers, automated window coverings, dampers)
- Wiring and networking devices
The study format includes the following major elements:
- Executive summary
- Home automation functions
- Enabling technologies
- Market environment (e.g., economic conditions, consumer attitudes)
- Current (2010) and projected markets for home automation technologies and products through 2016
- Developers and suppliers of home automation products
- Key patents
The report’s main focus is placed on the U.S. market.
Andrew McWilliams is a partner in 43rd Parallel, LLC, a Boston-based international technology and marketing consulting firm. In addition to the previous edition of this report, Mr. McWilliams is the author of numerous other BCC Research business opportunity analyses, including EGY065B Enabling Technologies for the Smart Grid, which analyzed the market for smart home appliances; EGY052B Energy Management Information Systems: Global Markets, which reported on the market for residential energy management devices; and HLC047C Disabled and Elderly Assistive Technologies, which covered the market electronic systems that enable a person with limited mobility to control various appliances, lights, telephones, and security systems in their rooms, homes, or other surroundings. His other recent reports have included ENV011A The U.S. Market for Clean Technologies, ENV003C U.S. Indoor Air Quality Market, and ENV007B The U.S. Market for Green Building Materials.
- The U.S. market for home automation and security technologies and products was worth $2.3 billion in 2008 and an estimated $2.5 billion in 2009. This should reach $8.1 billion in 2014, for a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 26.5%.
- Entertainment and security technologies have the largest share of the U.S. market, generating $1.3 billion in 2008. This segment is expected to remain steady in 2009 but is expected to be worth $2.6 billion in 2014, for a CAGR of 14.1%.
- HVAC and energy management generated $998.3 million in 2008 and an estimated $1.1 billion in 2009. This is expected to grow at a CAGR of 36.6% to reach $5.5 billion in 2014.
When do I get the report?
Most reports are fulfilled immediately. In some cases, it could take up to 24 hours.
In what format does this report get delivered to me?
We will send you an email with login credentials to access the report. You will also be able to download the pdf.
What are the free reports included in my purchase?
They consist of a collection of current reports from various partner publishers scanning multiple industries.
What is the difference between BCC Research and BCC Publishing?
BCC Research curates thousands of reports from different sources and provides access to this content to our clients. BCC Publishing is the publication arm of BCC Research (one of several publishers in our portal).
What reports do I get 'discounts' on with my purchase?
All reports. BCC Publishing reports will be available for a 50% discount. All other partner publishers are also available at deeply discounted rates.
Where are you located?
Wellesley Massachusetts, just outside of Boston, Massachusetts, USA.
How long has BCC Research been around?
We are approaching our 50 year anniversary in 2021!
What if I want you to invoice me for payment via Purchase Order?
Simply choose Pay by Purchase Order when you are checking out. We will connect with you via email to set up your order.
What if I have a question about your reports?
Call us, email us, or chat with us! We encourage your questions and feedback. We have a research concierge team available at all times, and included in every purchase, to help our customers find the research they need-when they need it.
Can I share this report with my team?
Absolutely yes, with the purchase of additional user licenses.
Can I use your research in my presentation?
Absolutely yes, so long as the publisher is properly cited.