Global Semiconductor Silicon Wafer Market
The global market for semiconductor wafers should grow from $16.2 billion in 2018 to $21.3 billion by 2023 with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.7% for the period of 2018-2023.
- 72 data tables and 10 additional tables
- An overview of the global markets for semiconductor silicon wafers
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2017, 2018, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2023
- Identification of potential applications of semiconductor silicon wafers in consumer electronics, telecommunications, automotive, defence, and healthcare industry
- Overview of various bonding technologies in the semiconductor silicon wafers industry, including direct bonding, surface activated bonding, plasma activated bonding and anodic bonding
- Coverage of major innovation initiatives in silicon wafer fabrication technology
- Detailed analysis of major vendors and suppliers of the industry, including 3M, Global Wafers Co., Ltd., Mechatronik Systemtechnik GmbH, Nissan Chemical Corporation, Samsung, Shanghai Simgui Technology, Toshiba and Wafer World Inc
This report forecasts the market for compound semiconductor wafers for 2018-2023. The report presents the market forecast in terms of dollar value ($ million) and shipment volume (msi).
Dollar value and shipment volume are broken down along the following end uses:
- Instrumentation and scientific research.
- Energy, defense and surveillance.
- Computing and entertainment.
- Industrial and automotive.
- Retail and others.
Each of the end applications is further broken down by crystal growth methods:
- Bridgman and allied methods (Bridgman).
- Float-zone (FZ).
- Czochralski (CZ) and allied methods (Czochralski).
Each end application is broken down by the following wafer-bonding methods:
- Direct bonding.
- Surface-activated bonding.
- Anodic bonding.
- Plasma bonding.
Each end application is further broken down by node size:
- 10 nm and lower.
- 12 to 22 nm.
- 28 nm and above.
Each end-application is further broken down by regional market:
- Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA).
- Asia Pacific (APAC).
Shalini Ramamurthy has extensive experience analyzing and evaluating advanced information technology, including telecommunications and optical networks. She holds a Bachelor of Engineering degree in Electronics and Telecommunications from Kumaraguru College of Technology in Coimbatore, India, as well as a Master of Science degree in Telecommunications and Software Engineering from the Illinois Institute of Technology in Chicago.