2013 Advanced Materials Research Review
- The global market value for nonwoven filter media was estimated at nearly $3.5 billion in 2012 and is projected to increase to $3.7 billion in 2013 and $5.3 billion by 2018 after increasing at a five-year compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 7.3%.
- The global market for aerogel-based products increased from $85.1 million in 2010 to $110.5 million in 2011, and was estimated to be valued at $137.5 million in 2012. The total market is forecast to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 19.3% from 2012 through 2017, reaching global revenues of $332.2 million by 2017.
- The North American market for commercial roofing materials was valued at nearly $3.4 billion in 2011 and is expected to reach $3.5 billion in 2012. Total market value is expected to reach nearly $4.7 billion in 2017 after increasing at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.7%.
ABOUT BCC RESEARCH REVIEWS
Research Reviews from BCC Research provide market professionals with concise market coverage within a specific research category. These Research Reviews include portions of several market research reports that were published in 2013, and are an efficient way for market professionals to keep up with the general market developments of 2013.
Please note that page references in the text are to pages in the original, complete report, and do not reflect the actual page numbers in this Research Review.
This 2013 Advanced Materials Research Review includes excerpts from the following reports:
- AVM043D Nonwoven Filter Media: Technologies and Global Markets.
- AVM052C Aerogels.
- AVM071B Commercial Roofing Materials: the North American Market.
- AVM073B Microspheres: Technologies and Global Markets.
- AVM075C Graphene: Technologies, Applications and Markets.
- AVM085A Protective Sports Equipment: the North American Market.
We encourage you to obtain and benefit from the full market research reports that are excerpted in this Research Review.
BCC Research looks forward to serving your market intelligence needs in the future.
Kevin R. Fitzgerald
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
This Advanced Materials Research Review provides:
- Information about emerging electronic materials technologies and applications that are most likely to achieve significant commercial sales in the next five to 10 years
- Analysis of the global graphene technologies market and applications with the greatest commercial potential in the 2012-to-2022 time frame, identifying market drivers and evaluating obstacles to their successful commercialization and projecting future sales.
- An overview of specialty fiber types including a history of fiber development, technology trends, status of commercial development, barriers to entry and market leaders.
- BCC expects the first commercially significant sales of graphene products to develop before 2015 when the market is projected to be as large as $67 million. The graphene market should start to take off after 2015, reaching nearly $675 million by 2020, reflecting a 58.7% compound annual growth rate (CAGR) between 2015 and 2020.
- BCC Research forecasts a promising near future for photonic crystals. The market was $2.1 billion in the year 2010, is expected to reach $5.2 billion in 2011, and $34.5 billion by 2016 with a CAGR of 46.1%.
- The global market for nonwoven filter media is projected to experience a 7% CAGR over the next 5 years, increasing from a value of $2.5 billion in 2010 to $3.5 billion in 2015.
Microspheres, spherical micro particles 1 micron to 1,000 microns in diameter, are innovative raw materials with superior functionality that help improve the quality of the final product at a reduced cost. Microspheres are a growing element in many companies’ tool boxes. The global market for microspheres in 2010 is estimated to be $2 billion and growing at a 5–year compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 11.6%, reaching global sales of $3.5 billion by 2015.
The global market for superconductivity applications is expected to reach nearly $2 billion in 2010 and nearly $3.4 billion in 2015, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 11.3% over the next 5 years. Superconducting magnets, particularly those used in science, research and technology development, and healthcare applications dominate the market. However, superconducting electrical equipment is expected to capture nearly 25% of the market by 2015.
The total demand for the North American commercial roofing market is estimated to grow by a 12.7% compound annual growth rate (CAGR) in total market value and by an 8.8% CAGR in total market volume. By 2014, it is estimated that the total market value will reach more than $5.8 billion, derived from sales of more than 74.3 million squares of product. As energy costs continue to rise, the ability of roofing materials to reduce utility bills will begin to play a much larger role in helping to calculate the actual cost-effectiveness of the roofing system. The rise in popularity of green building has produced a new demand in the market for a larger variety of recycled roofing materials.
Advanced materials continue to be one of the foundations on which nearly all global markets grow. Advanced materials technology enables other technological breakthroughs, and the importance of advanced materials technology to the global economy is immeasurable.
Advanced materials technology market research has long been one of the leading coverage areas for BCC Research. Since the firm was founded in 1971, BCC has examined nearly every existing advanced materials market.
This review of research conducted in 2007 by BCC Research is meant to provide market quantification and guidance in a variety of global advanced materials technology markets. BCC Research closely examines all major market segments and provides in-depth analysis of market drivers, major players, patent activity and other key market factors that are influencing or will influence market growth in the next 5 years. For decades, buyers of BCC's advanced materials market research reports have relied on our data and analysis to help them with strategic planning, product positioning, production capacity expansions, and asset allocation.
This review includes highlights of reports published by BCC Research on the following topics:
- Friction Products and Materials
- Advanced Materials and Devices for Renewable Energy Systems
- Powder Metallurgy
- Advanced Protective Gear and Armor
- Lightweight Materials in Transportation
- EMI/RFI Materials and Technologies
- Smart and Interactive Textiles.
We hope you find this Research Review valuable, and we look forward to another year of serving our customers' technology market research needs.