Microspheres: Technologies and Global Markets
The global market for microspheres was estimated to total nearly $2.2 billion in 2012 and is projected to increase to $2.4 billion in 2013; the market should total $4.4 billion by 2018 and have a five-year compound annual growth rate (CAGR) for of 12.6%.
- An overview of the global market and technologies for microspheres, which are spherical microparticles used as components in many advanced materials and composites, in the healthcare and personal care industries, and in many specialty research and development applications.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2012, estimates for 2013, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2018.
- Identification of a variety of types of microspheres available on the market, as well as relevant industries, technologies and applications.
- Examination of demand for microspheres in six major industries: composites, paints and coatings, oil and gas, cosmetics and personal care, biotechnology and life sciences, and medicine and medical devices.
- Descriptions of different types of microspheres with respect to their chemical composition, including glass, ceramic, and polymer microspheres, and unique material properties that make them suitable for specific industries and applications.
BCC analyzes the global market for microspheres from both the manufacturing and demand points of view. Since there are several types of microspheres that vary drastically in quality, chemical properties, functionality and price, each type of microsphere is discussed in detail, including materials, manufacturing processes, advantages, prices and primary applications. Similarly, due to these variations microsphere use in six major industries are discussed and analyzed in detail.
Detailed analysis and market forecasts are provided per industry, type of microsphere and geographic region through 2018. The report describes major players in the industry and examines recent advances in technology, newly evolving markets and companies as well other factors influencing supply and demand.
This report analyzes microspheres—homogeneous microparticles of 1 micron to 1,000 microns in diameter. Microspheres can be solid or hollow and made from a variety of raw materials.
This report does not include:
- Particles less than 1 micron in diameter, often referred to as nanospheres.
- Particles of more than 1,000 microns in diameter, often referred to as balls or beads.
- Microcapsules, in which one material is used to encapsulate or form a shell around the other.
The analyst for this report, Yelena Lipovetskaya, has more than 15 years of experience taking new technologies from concept to production in a variety of industries, including digital displays, optical fiber, and medical devices. Yelena is the author of numerous articles on microsphere technology and its applications and has held technical and managerial positions at Xerox Corp, Corning Inc., Cardinal Health, Gyricon, and Cbrite Inc. Yelena has a Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering from Polytechnic University and a Master’s degree in Materials Science and Engineering from Rochester Institute of Technology, both in New York.
- The global market for microspheres in 2010 is estimated to be $2 billion and growing at a 5–year compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 11.6%, reaching global sales of $3.5 billion by 2015.
- The use of microspheres in medical technology is a relatively new and evolving industry that will see an estimated compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 24.5% over the next 5 years. This sector is valued at $481 million in 2010 and is expected to reach $1.4 billion by 2015.
- BCC’s analysis suggests that microspheres will see significantly increased demand in the life–sciences markets, which include medicine and biotechnology. The life sciences sector is worth an estimated $203 million in 2010 and is expected to increase at a 9.3% compound annual growth rate (CAGR) to reach $317 million in 2015.
When do I get the report?
Most reports are fulfilled immediately. In some cases, it could take up to 24 hours.
In what format does this report get delivered to me?
We will send you an email with login credentials to access the report. You will also be able to download the pdf.
What are the free reports included in my purchase?
They consist of a collection of current reports from various partner publishers scanning multiple industries.
What is the difference between BCC Research and BCC Publishing?
BCC Research curates thousands of reports from different sources and provides access to this content to our clients. BCC Publishing is the publication arm of BCC Research (one of several publishers in our portal).
What reports do I get 'discounts' on with my purchase?
All reports. BCC Publishing reports will be available for a 50% discount. All other partner publishers are also available at deeply discounted rates.
Where are you located?
Wellesley Massachusetts, just outside of Boston, Massachusetts, USA.
How long has BCC Research been around?
We are approaching our 50 year anniversary in 2021!
What if I want you to invoice me for payment via Purchase Order?
Simply choose Pay by Purchase Order when you are checking out. We will connect with you via email to set up your order.
What if I have a question about your reports?
Call us, email us, or chat with us! We encourage your questions and feedback. We have a research concierge team available at all times, and included in every purchase, to help our customers find the research they need-when they need it.
Can I share this report with my team?
Absolutely yes, with the purchase of additional user licenses.
Can I use your research in my presentation?
Absolutely yes, so long as the publisher is properly cited.