Global Markets and Advanced Technologies for Paints and Coatings
The global market for paints and coatings was valued at $111.2 billion in 2012 and should reach $116.9 billion in 2013. Total market valued is expected to reach $141 billion in 2018 after increasing at a five-year compound annual growth rate of 3.8% from 2013 to 2018.
- An overview of the global market for paints and coatings.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2011 and 2012, estimates for 2013, and projections of CAGRs through 2018.
- Identifications of new market opportunities and targeted promotional plans for paints and coatings.
- Discussion of research and development, and the demand for new products and new applications.
- Examination of the role of paints and coatings in providing color and protection.
- Comprehensive company profiles of major players in the industry.
The report has been prepared in a simple format that can be easily understood with a number of tables and charts/figures. The scope of the report includes a detailed study of global and regional markets for various types of coatings with the reasons given for variations in the growth of the industry in certain regions.
Srinivasa Rajaram is a mechanical engineer with more than 40 years of experience in designing factory layouts and setting up factories. He has set up factories for the production of weighing and dynamic balancing machines in India and has experience in designing, producing and servicing that equipment. He was Senior Vice President at M/S Schenck Avery Limited, an Indo-German joint venture, and has set up an automatic paint shop for painting various components of weighing and dynamic balancing equipment.
The global paints and coatings market reached an estimated $99.7 billion by the end of 2010. This global market figure is expected to increase with a modest compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.2% for the 5-year period of 2010 to 2015 and reach $116.6 billion by the end of 2015.
The global market for paints and coatings increased from $88.3 billion in 2006 to an estimated $91.2 billion in 2007. It should reach $102.8 billion by 2012, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 2.4%.
Much of the growth over the past 5 years has been driven by increasing demand in developing markets, especially China, Thailand, Indonesia, India and Taiwan, along with Eastern Europe, comprising Russia, Hungary and the Baltic States.
In the application sector, automotive coatings are recording strong growth due to increased car ownership at the global level, especially in Asia Pacific and Eastern Europe.