2021 Research Review on Antimicrobial Active Ingredients and their Applications
- The global market for antimicrobial coatings should grow from $3.4 billion in 2021 to $5.9 billion by 2026, at compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 11.5% for the period of 2021-2026.
- The global market for antimicrobial fabric should grow from $10.1 billion in 2021 to $11.8 billion by 2026, at compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.2% for the period of 2021-2026.
- The global market for antimicrobial and antibacterial plastics should grow from $32.8 billion in 2021 to $47.9 billion by 2026, at compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 7.8% for the period of 2021-2026.
The use of antimicrobial agents to prevent the spread of infections has increased in recent years. The market for antimicrobial agents and their applications is growing steadily across all regions, with emerging markets growing slightly faster.
This 2021 Research Review of antimicrobial agents features a sampling of the quantitative market information, analysis, and guidance that BCC Research has been developing since its inception in 1971 to help its customers make informed business decisions. It includes highlights of reports published in 2021 and early 2022 on the following markets:
- CHM171A Antimicrobial Coatings: Global Markets to 2026
- AVM215A Antimicrobial Fabric: Global Markets to 2026
- PLS119A Antimicrobial and Antibacterial Plastics
BCC Research’s Research Reviews provide market professionals with concise market coverage within a specific research category. These Research Reviews include portions of several market research reports from a given year, and thus they are an efficient way for market professionals to keep up with general market developments.
After you survey the excerpts in this Research Review, we encourage you to follow up on these topics by checking out the full market research reports associated with each topic. BCC Research looks forward to serving your market intelligence needs in the future.
BCC Publishing Staff comprises expert analysts who are skilled in conducting primary research, secondary research and data analysis and have decades of combined experience covering a wide range of industries, including healthcare, advanced materials and emerging technologies. Collectively, the team represents a diverse set of educational achievements with individual graduate work completed in fields such as microbiology, electrical engineering, business administration and surgery, among others.