Biodegradable Stents: Global Markets
The global market for biodegradable stents should grow from $106.7 million in 2018 to $378.0 million by 2023 with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 28.8% for the period of 2018-2023.
- 57 tables
- An overview of the global biodegradable stents/scaffolds (BDS) market within the medical device technologies’ industry
- Analyses of global market trends with data from 2016, 2017 and 2018, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2023
- Regional dynamics of biodegradable stents market covering North America, European Union (EU), APAC and rest of the world
- Information on the market opportunities in BDS market with respect to region and products, along with the growth drivers and inhibitors of BDS device
- Discussion of the issues related to R&D activities, including global regulatory scenarios and other commercialization hurdles
- Coverage of milestones in the history of biodegradable stents and their current status
- Detailed review of polymer-based and metal-based biodegradable stents according to their availability and application areas
- Comprehensive company profiles of major BDS market players, including Abbott Laboratories, Boston Scientific Corp., amg International GmbH, Lifetech Scientific Corp., REVA Medical Inc., and Sino Medical Sciences Technology Inc. (SINOMED)
This report reviews both global and regional markets of the biodegradable stents market according to available types and application areas. The report analyzes the current market status and trends, and provides growth forecasts for the five-year period 2018 to 2023. The analysis also discusses R&D issues, including global regulatory scenarios and other commercialization hurdles. Additionally, this comprehensive report examines technology developers/manufacturers of biodegradable stents, their product types and geographical product presence (wherever data is available).
The biodegradable stents market is divided into the following types:
The report differentiates BDS from conventional metallic DES that have a matrix coating of bioresorbable polymer and antiproliferative drug. These devices, which have typical metallic nondegradable stent backbones, are known as bioresorbable polymer DES, bioabsorbable polymer DES or biodegradable polymer DES. Therefore, this report concentrates only on the BDS market for fully bioabsorbable or biodegradable stents.
The only applications of the biodegradable stent market that have been analyzed in this report includes:
- BDS for vascular disease.
- Coronary BDS.
- Non-coronary vascular BDS.
- BDS for non-vascular disease.
The report also offers a detailed patent analysis with information on the strategic initiatives of market players within the past five years.
The report specifically excludes stents that are not fully biodegradable and also stents that have bioabsorbable coatings which are not fully bioabsorbable. The report also excludes biomaterial technology/product and equipment providers.
Estimated values used are based on manufacturers' total revenues. Projected and forecasted revenue values are in constant U.S. dollars, unadjusted for inflation.
Arpita Mukherjee has seven years of experience in technology market research and consulting, including having worked with a major market research and growth consulting firm. She holds a bachelor's degree in chemical engineering and a master's degree in energy science and technology from Jadavpur University. She also has experience as a lecturer in an engineering college, as well as a researcher in a government research laboratory. She primarily researches the chemical and material markets and their uses in niche application markets. She helps clients to understand these markets in a concise and intellectual manner. She has conducted research in markets such as polymers, electronic chemicals, semiconductors, chemicals and material technology.
The analyst has authored technology market research studies in diverse areas, including:
- Healthcare packaging.
- Carboxymethyl cellulose (CMC).
- Nanocellulose technologies.
- Ionic liquids.
- Anti-corrosion coatings.
- Food safety technologies.
- Hydroprocessing catalysts.