Chemical Separation and Purification: Technologies and Global Markets
BCC Research estimates the total global market for separation and purification equipment reached about $11.2 billion in 2013 and $11.4 billion in 2014. This market is expected to reach $14.3 billion by 2019, registering a compound annual growth (CAGR) of 4.7% over the next five years.
- An overview of the global market for chemical separation and purification technologies and equipment, used to remove contaminants from a solution, and used to alter a solution's chemical composition.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2013, estimates for 2014, and projections of CAGRs through 2019.
- A breakdown of equipments used in these processes by type, by use, and by need
- Information on the regulatory environment and how it is affecting the market.
- Key factors as well as issues which are impacting sales.
- Comprehensive profiles of leading companies in the industry.
The scope of this study encompasses separation and purification processes in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries. The market for chromatography systems is segmented by types and by end users. The types are segmented into gas chromatography, liquid chromatography, ion chromatography and others. The liquid chromatography segment comprises: high pressure liquid chromatography (HPLC), ultra high pressure liquid chromatography (UHPLC) and low pressure liquid chromatography (LPLC). Other chromatography systems include: affinity chromatography, supercritical fluid chromatography, column chromatography, thin layer chromatography and more. The mass spectrometry equipment market is divided into: mass spectrometry (MS), plus liquid chromatography-MS (LC-MS) and gas chromatography-MS (GC-MS) instruments, which are available as single quadrupole, tandem triple, quadruple, and ion trap. The other category includes: time-of-flight (TOF), LC-MS, and matrix-assisted laser desorption ionization (MALDI).
BCC analyzes each market and its applications, regulatory environment, technology, market projections and market shares. Technological issues include the latest trends and developments. The emerging market for separation and purification processes includes: India, China, Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Canada, Africa, Australia, New Zealand and more.
Shalini Shahani Dewan focuses on pharmaceuticals and biotechnology and has been a BCC Research contributor since 2002 as both an analyst and project manager. She has explored a wide range of topics and companies, including working for Johnson & Johnson doing market surveillance. She has an undergraduate degree in pharmacy and master's degree in medicinal chemistry. She resides in the Bay Area.