Metabolomics: Technologies and Global Markets
The global market for metabolomics was valued at $712 million in 2012 and is expect to reach nearly $1.4 billion in 2017, after increasing at a five-year compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 14.2%.
- An overview of the commercial potential of the metabolomics research field, the systematic study of the unique chemical fingerprints that cellular processes leaves behind
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2011 and 2012, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2017
- Definitions of metabolome, metabolites, and metabolomics vs. metabonomics
- Discussion of the conceptual approach in metabolomics: target analysis, metabolite profiling, metabolomics, metabolic fingerprinting
- Examination of the main structure of the metabolomics market: segments, key application areas, and market participants
- Separation techniques for metabolomics: gas chromatography, capillary electrophoresis, and high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC)
- Patent analysis
- Comprehensive company profiles of major players
This report is an invaluable tool that can assist market players in evaluating new commercial opportunities in the metabolomics space in technologies, bioinformatics platforms and application submarkets. The geographic scope of this study is global. This market is generally complex and consists of a number of different segments, each of which is affected differently by scientific and technological developments. This report identifies the main positive and negative factors affecting each segment, and forecasts market growth, future trends and product development in every major segment of this market.
Dr. Marianna Tcherpakov has more than 10 years of experience as a bench scientist specializing in the areas of biochemistry, cell biology and industrial assay development and drug manufacturing. She has contributed to a number of scientific publications and holds several patents. She has expertise as an assay development scientist and is familiar with different research field trends and likely future developments.
- Health and Weight Management Market (HLC253A)
- Cannabis Market: Products, Technologies and Applications (PHM217A)
- Human Identification: Forensics, Genealogy and Security Applications (BIO187A)
- Medical Marijuana and the Opioid Crisis (HLC236A)
- Nothing Degrading about Saving Lives: E3 Ligands Recruiting New Drugs (PHM192A)