Global Markets and Technologies for Cell and Tissue Analysis
The global cell and tissue analysis market was valued at $6.9 billion in 2011 and should reach $7.1 billion in 2012. Total market value is expected to reach $9.6 billion in 2017 after increasing at a five-year compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.2%.
- An overview of the global market for cell and tissue analysis products, including commercialized products used in the isolation, purification, and analysis of cells, as well as novel products and technologies that may be commercially viable in the next few years.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2011, estimates for 2012, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2017.
- Detailed discussion of biospecimens, enzymatic and mechanical tissue dissociation products, flow cytometry hardware and software, magnetic cell separation products, laser microdissection (LMD) systems, research antibodies, cell-based assays, and products used in high-content screening (HCS) platforms.
- Profiles of large and established producers in cell and tissue analysis product market segments, as well as numerous smaller specialized market players.
- Market segmentation within the areas of biospecimen vendors, cell separation products, and cell and tissue analysis products.
- Examination of each technology by application type and in the context of relevant technological and regulatory forces to determine its current market status and projected growth.
The scope of this study encompasses cell and tissue analysis products in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology markets. BCC analyzes each market and its applications, regulatory environment, technology, market projection and market share. Technological issues include the latest trends and developments. The emerging markets for enzyme inhibitors include India, China, Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, Canada, Africa, Australia and New Zealand.
Shalini Shahani Dewan focuses on pharmaceuticals and biotechnology and has been a BCC Research contributor since 2002 as both an analyst and project manager. She has explored a wide range of topics and companies, including working for Johnson & Johnson doing market surveillance. She has an undergraduate degree in pharmacy and master's degree in medicinal chemistry. She resides in the Bay Area.
- Global Markets for CT Scanners (HLC024B)
- Technologies for Long-term Care and Home Healthcare: Global Markets (HLC079D)
- Renal Dialysis Equipment: Technologies and Global Markets (HLC164B)
- Fluoroscopy and C-arms: Technologies and Global Markets (HLC148B)
- Global Markets for Contract Pharmaceutical Manufacturing, Research and Packaging (PHM043G)
- Overall sales in the global market of cell and tissue analysis products were worth $2.6 billion in 2008, which increased to an estimated $2.8 billion in 2009. By 2014, it is projected to increase to $4.5 billion, for a 5-year CAGR of 10.1%.
- The largest segment of the market, cell and tissue characterization products was valued at $1.2 billion in 2008; this is expected to increase to $1.3 billion in 2009, and is projected to reach $2.2 billion in 2014, for a 5-year CAGR of 10.8%.
- Sales in the cell separation products segment amounted to $1.2 billion in 2008, increased to an estimated $1.3 billion in 2009, and is projected to increase to $2.1 billion in 2014, for a 5-year CAGR of 9.8%.