Coal: Global Markets
The global coal market is estimated to grow from $1.5 trillion in 2022 to more than $2.3 trillion by 2027, with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.6% during the forecast period of 2022-2027.
- 72 data tables and 82 additional tables
- A comprehensive multi-client study of the global market for coal and other related emerging technologies
- Analyses of the global market trends, with historic revenue (sales) data for 2021, estimates for 2022-2023, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2027
- Market assessment of the coals used in numerous end-user industries with emphasis on power generation (thermal coal), coking feedstock (coking coal), and other industries
- Estimation and forecast the worldwide coal consumption market size in value and volumetric terms, projected growth trends, and corresponding market share analysis by type of coal, mining/extraction process, end-user industry, and geographic region
- Insights into regulatory framework and general idea about the coal industry standards, new technological improvements and developments leading to increase in demand for thermal coal, and higher annual prices in the international market over the last five years
- In-depth information on R&D investment, key technology issues, industry specific challenges, major types of end-user markets, and the impact on mining, procurement, distribution and selling of coals
- Review of recent industry trends, value chain analysis, competitive landscape, and COVID-19 implications within the marketplace
- Company profiles of major players within the industry, including China Shenhua, Coal India Limited (CIL), China Coal Energy Company Limited and Glencore
This market study assesses the leading coal types currently used globally for electricity, steel, cement, etc. The coal discussed in this report is in use across these industries, and many more and new emerging sectors are driven by technological innovation.
The market analysis provided in this report is based on various data sources. These include the most recent government, industry, academic and company data regarding the projected level of demand for coal. The report provides a comprehensive review of available data to provide a realistic, robust and accurate assessment of this quickly changing market.
BCC Research analyzes each major coal technology, determines its current market status, examines its impact on future markets and presents growth forecasts over the next five years. Technological issues, including the latest trends, are assessed and discussed, as are the industry’s current and likely regulatory environments.
BCC Research analyzes the industry worldwide regarding the manufacturing and deployment of technologies or products. For the most relevant and available coal types, BCC Research examines the role of government both in regulating the industry and supporting this coal through promotional incentives. The report discusses recent trends and sales and provides industry overviews and market assessments for leading coal technology. Estimated values used are based on manufacturers’ total revenues.
Regional and country-level markets will be segmented and analyzed by type and application. The report also covers the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic. The market sizes and estimations are provided regarding revenue, with 2021 serving as the base year; market forecasts will be given for 2022 to 2027.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
BCC Research Team possesses expertise and experience in life and physical science domains. They specialize in offering valuable business insights, including industry analysis, competitor intelligence, strategic and financial analysis, and opportunity assessment. The team has in-depth knowledge of various sectors, including healthcare, biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, IT, automation, advanced materials, and energy. They are proficient in qualitative and quantitative market intelligence providing clients with actionable insights. With a vast understanding of the competitive landscape, the team can support clients in making data-driven decisions to help them achieve a competitive edge in their respective markets.
|Base year considered||2021|
|Forecast period considered||2027|
|Base year market size||$786.2 billion|
|Market size forecast||$2.4 trillion|
|Growth rate||CAGR of 8.6% for the forecast period of 2022-2027|
|Units considered||$ Billions|
|Segments covered||type, application, and region|
|Regions covered||North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, and the Middle East and Africa|
|Countries covered||U.S., Canada, Mexico, Germany, U.K., France, Russia, China, India, Japan, Australia, South Africa.|
|Key Market Drivers||
|Companies studied||CHINA SHENHUA , COAL INDIA LTD. , GLENCORE , YANCOAL , ANGLO AMERICAN , ARCH RESOURCES INC. , BHP , CHINA COAL ENERGY COMPANY LIMITED , SHAANXI COAL INDUSTRY CHEMICAL GROUP CO. LTD. , TECK RESOURCES LTD.|