Corrosion Inhibitors: Global Markets
The global market for corrosion inhibitors is expected to reach $8.7 billion by 2021 from $6.9 billion in 2016, rising at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.6% from 2016 through 2021.
- An overview of the global markets for corrosive inhibitors
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2015, estimates for 2016 and projections of CAGRs through 2021
- Coverage of these inhibitors as they relate to industries including petroleum, cement and concrete, pulp & paper, metals, water treatment, power generation, chemical processing, mining, transportation and manufacturing industries such as electronics and textile
- A look at their use in domains such as aircraft, automobile, highway bridges, hydroelectric power, and nuclear industries
- Breakdowns of the market by application, type, functionality, end user and geography
- A look at market determinants such as drivers, restraints, opportunities and challenges
- Profiles of major players in the industry
Corrosion inhibitors are chemical compounds that prevent or decrease the rate of corrosion of the exposed surface of metals or alloys. Corrosion inhibitors are available in solid, liquid, powder and gaseous forms. In this report, the market is segmented based on product type (water based, oil based and solvent based), end-user industry, chemical type (inorganic and organic), protection method (active and passive) and geographic region. The raw materials and key technologies used in corrosion inhibitors are also covered at length.
There is tremendous demand for corrosion inhibitors from industries such as oil and gas, concrete, refinery, water treatment process, power generation and metal. The equipment used in these industries is prone to corrosion and as a result the companies that own the equipment suffer tremendous production losses every year. Additionally, shale gas exploration, the development of power generation plants, growth in construction and water treatment processes will provide significant opportunities within the market for corrosion inhibitors. Many industrial machines, equipment, pipelines and parts used in power generation require the application of corrosion inhibitors on a regular basis to avoid deterioration and rusting, which is a very common occurrence in these sectors. The major types of products included in the report are water, oil and solvent based.
All of the major markets were further segmented by geographic region. The major geographic regions covered in the report are North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and the rest of the world (RoW). A country-specific breakdown of the market for corrosion inhibitors is also included in the report. Values were estimated based on the amount of corrosion inhibitors consumed by various end-user markets and revenues generated from the sale of corrosion inhibitors. The study covers the global market for corrosion inhibitors and is not limited to the countries included in this report. The selection of the countries to be included in this report was mainly based on the total revenue generated. Major countries included in the report are the U.S., Canada, Germany, the U.K., Spain, Italy, France, China, Japan and India.
The competitive landscape of the global market for corrosion inhibitors is discussed and includes profiles of the major companies and their product portfolios and recent developments.
Mohammed Javed has a Master’s Degree in Marketing Management and more than four years of experience performing market research and consulting for industries such as chemical, biotechnology, medical devices, healthcare IT, energy, food and beverages, cloud and big data and advanced materials.