Graphene: Technologies, Applications and Markets
The global market for graphene-based products is projected to reach $122.9 million in 2017 and $986.7 million in 2022, increasing at a five-year compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 51.7%.
The report addresses emerging global markets for graphene, including the applications listed below:
- Computing/data processing.
- Data storage.
- Thermal management.
- Solar cells.
- Sensing and imaging.
- Structural materials.
- Miscellaneous other applications.
The study format includes and/or addresses the following major elements:
- Executive summary.
- General properties of graphene.
- Historical milestones in the development of graphene.
- Emerging and developmental graphene technologies and applications that have the greatest commercial potential through 2022.
- Detailed market estimates and projections for each application and material during the period from 2012 to 2017.
- General assessment of expected market trends in the longer term (2017 to 2022).
- Companies that are producing or developing commercial graphene applications.
- Patent analysis.
Andrew McWilliams, the author of this report, is a partner in the Boston-based international technology and marketing consulting firm, 43rd Parallel LLC. He is the author of a number of other BCC Research market opportunity reports on advanced materials technologies, including the previous edition of this report. He is also the author of AVM067B Metamaterials: Technologies and Global Markets; AVM066B Superconductors: Technologies and Global Markets; AVM038D Advanced Structural Carbon Products: Fibers, Foams & Composites; NAN017F Nanostructured Materials: Electronic/Magnetic/Optoelectronic; AVM050B Smart and Interactive Textiles; AVM015F High-Performance Ceramic Coatings: Markets and Technologies; AVM025G Diamond, Diamond-Like and CBN Films and Coating Products; NAN015F Advanced Ceramics and Nanoceramic Powders; and NAN036B Nanotechnology for Photonics: Global Markets.
BCC expects the first commercially significant sales of graphene products to develop before 2015 when the market is projected to be as large as $67 million. The graphene market should start to take off after 2015, reaching nearly $675 million by 2020, reflecting a 58.7% compound annual growth rate (CAGR) between 2015 and 2020.