Graphene: Technologies, Applications and Markets
The global market for graphene-based products is projected to reach $122.9 million in 2017 and $986.7 million in 2022, increasing at a five-year compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 51.7%.
The report addresses emerging global markets for graphene, including the applications listed below:
- Computing/data processing.
- Data storage.
- Thermal management.
- Solar cells.
- Sensing and imaging.
- Structural materials.
- Miscellaneous other applications.
The study format includes and/or addresses the following major elements:
- Executive summary.
- General properties of graphene.
- Historical milestones in the development of graphene.
- Emerging and developmental graphene technologies and applications that have the greatest commercial potential through 2022.
- Detailed market estimates and projections for each application and material during the period from 2012 to 2017.
- General assessment of expected market trends in the longer term (2017 to 2022).
- Companies that are producing or developing commercial graphene applications.
- Patent analysis.
Andrew McWilliams spent more than 25 years as a consultant with Ernst & Young, McKinsey & Company and A.T. Kearny focused on manufacturing before segueing into research analysis. He has been covering myriad technology categories for BCC Research for more than 15 years. McWilliams has a BA from Princeton University and an MA from Harvard University. He has worked in more than 40 countries and he resides in the greater Boston area.
BCC expects the first commercially significant sales of graphene products to develop before 2015 when the market is projected to be as large as $67 million. The graphene market should start to take off after 2015, reaching nearly $675 million by 2020, reflecting a 58.7% compound annual growth rate (CAGR) between 2015 and 2020.