High-strength Glass: Global Markets
The global market for high-strength glass should grow from $31.9 billion in 2020 to $42.9 billion by 2025, at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.1% for the period of 2020-2025.
- 44 data tables and 47 additional tables
- A brief general outlook of the global markets for high-strength glass (HSG) with emphasis on material chemistry, properties, configurations, fabrication technologies and applications.
- Analyses of the global market trends with data from 2018 and 2019, estimates for 2020, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2025
- Highlight new technological developments related to high-strength glass, while outlining current technical issues
- Estimation of current market size and market forecast for each segment, as well as the market share analysis of high-strength glass by composition, configuration, application and geographical region
- Review existing fields of application for high-strength glass and examine emerging applications
- Discussion of the most relevant global R&D activities related to HSG and evaluation of trends in recently issued U.S. patents
- Company profiles of key industry players including 3M, 3B-The Fibreglass Co., Cardinal Glass Industries, Gerresheimer, Saint-Gobain and Schott AG
This report provides an updated review of high-strength glass, including materials and production processes, and identifies current and emerging applications for HSG products.
BCC Research delineates the current market status for high-strength glass, defines trends, and presents growth forecasts for the next five years. The HSG market is analyzed based on the following segments: configuration, composition, application, and region. In addition, technological issues, including key events and the latest developments, are discussed.
More specifically, the market analysis conducted by BCC Research for this report is divided into five sections.
In the first section, an introduction to the topic and a historical review of HSG technology are provided, including an outline of recent events. In this section, current and emerging applications for HSG are also identified and grouped in segments (aerospace and defense, construction, electronics/optoelectronics, energy, life sciences, mechanical /chemical, transportation, and others).
The second section provides a technological review of high-strength glass. This section offers a detailed description of HSG materials, their properties, configurations, and typical fabrication methods. This section concludes with an analysis of the most important technological developments since 2018, including examples of significant patents recently issued or applied for. The chapter ends with an highlight of the most active research organizations operating in this field and their activities.
The third section entails a global market analysis for high-strength glass. Global revenues (sales data in millions of dollars) are presented for each segment (configuration, composition, application, and region), with actual data referring to the years 2018 and 2019, and estimates for 2020. Revenues are at the manufacturing level.
The analysis of current revenues for high-strength glass is followed by a detailed presentation of market growth trends, based on industry growth, technological trends, and regional trends. The third section concludes by providing projected revenues for high-strength glass within each segment, together with forecast CAGRs for the period 2020 through 2025. Projected and forecast revenue values are in constant U.S. dollars, unadjusted for inflation.
In the fourth section of the study, which covers global industry structure, the report offers a list of the leading suppliers of high-strength glass, together with a description of their products. The analysis includes a description of the geographical distribution of these firms and an evaluation of other key industry players. Detailed company profiles of the top players are also provided.
The fifth and final section includes an analysis of recently issued U.S. patents, with a summary of patents related to HSG materials, fabrication methods, and applications. Patent analysis is performed by region, country, assignee, patent category, material type, and application.
Margareth Gagliardi, Chief Research Analyst in Advanced Materials for BCC Research, has more than 30 years of experience in the field of advanced materials, specializing in ceramic formulations, materials processing, and new product development. After receiving her degrees in Chemical and Ceramic Engineering, she worked in both manufacturing and R&D holding senior management positions within U.S. and European firms producing electronic, mechanical, chemical, and structural components.
She is currently focusing on market intelligence and advanced technologies analysis for organizations and research institutions that operate within a range of high-tech industries.