Hydrocolloids: Technologies and Global Markets
The global hydrocolloid market should reach nearly $8.2 billion in 2020 from $6.6 billion in 2015, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.4%.
- An overview of the global markets for hydrocolloids, large molecules that can form viscous liquids or gels when dispersed in waters
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2014, 2015, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2020
- A look at a wide range of functions hydrocolloids can easily perform in the food industry, such as thickening, stabilizing, fat replacement, as coating materials, and also as a gelling agent
- Evaluation of their use in dairy products, confectionery, bakery, meat and poultry products, beverages, sauces and dressings.
- Further evaluation of their use in applications outside of food such as oil drilling, transport in pipelines, paper treatment, agriculture, cosmetics textile printing, and the pharmaceuticals industry
- Breakdowns of the market by major type and source of hydrocolloid, by major region, function, and by application
- Profiles of major players in the hydrocolloid industry
The scope of this report is broad and covers several types of hydrocolloids used globally (except starch); it is broken down into five major sources and further into their subtypes, functional properties, end-user industries, and regional markets in each of the submarkets. The revenue forecasts from 2015 to 2020 are explained for each of these major types of hydrocolloids, as well as the functional properties, end-user industries, and regional markets for each type of hydrocolloid.
The report also includes a discussion of major players within each of the subsegments. It explains the major market drivers for the global hydrocolloid industry, the current trends within the industry, and the major end-user industries for the global hydrocolloid market.
Aneesh Kumar has been a project manager and partner with BizImpact Knowledge Services, LLP, a market research and services company primarily focused on opportunities in science and technology, since 2011. Kumar manages a team focused on global market research projects, primary interviews and market forecasting. He holds a BBA from the Institute of Chartered Financial Analysts of India and is a member of the Indo-German Chambers of Commerce.
- Opacifiers: Oxides and Opaque Polymers, Characteristics, Applications and Markets (AVM195A)
- Plastic Processing Machinery: Global Markets (PLS104A)
- Polymerization Catalysts: Technologies & Global Markets (CHM114A)
- Global Markets for Ice-Resistant Coatings (AVM175A)
- Global Markets for Non-sugar Sweeteners (FOD044C)