Molten Salt Reactors: Opportunity and Global Markets
The global market for molten salt reactors is expected to increase from $8.9 billion in 2017 to nearly $15.1 billion in 2022 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 11.1% for 2017-2022.
- 79 tables
- An overview of the global markets for molten salt reactors
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2016, 2017, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2022
- A look at the various nuclear fuel types of molten salt reactors and the market dynamics of each end-use
- Examination of key trends related to types of nuclear fuel and end-use applications that shape and influence the molten salt reactors industry
- Discussion of opportunities and innovation-driving molten salt reactors market highlights, and the major regions and countries involved in such developments
- Company profiles of the major players of the industry, including Terrestrial Energy Inc., Moltex Energy LLP, ThorCon Power, TerraPower, Flibe Energy and Transatomic Power Corp.
The molten salt reactors market is segmented into the follow categories:
- By nuclear fuel type: thorium, uranium and plutonium.
- By end-use: power and energy, oil and gas, shipping and other industries.
- By region: North America is segmented into the U.S., Canada and Mexico; Europe is segmented into France, Italy, Germany, the U.K., Russia and the rest of Commonwealth Independent States (CIS); Asia-Pacific (APAC) is segmented into China, Japan, Taiwan, South Korea and others; and the rest of the world (ROW) covers the Middle East, Africa and South America.
- Estimated values used are based on manufacturers’ total revenues. Projected and forecasted revenue values are in constant U.S. dollars, unadjusted for inflation.
In addition to industry and competitive analysis of the molten salt reactors market, this report also includes a patent analysis and a listing of company profiles for key players in the molten salt reactors market.
Research Analyst Sinha G. Gaurav holds an MBA in finance from ICFAI Business School, Hyderabad (India), and a bachelor's degree in electrical engineering from Rajasthan University (India). His primary focus is in the electronics and semiconductor markets. He has nine years of experience in the field of market research in electronics, finance and database designing. His areas of interest include semiconductors, automation, industrial controls, robotics and nanotechnology. His publications focus on subjects such as quantum dots, photonic sensors and detectors, LIDAR, ultrafast lasers, home automation, helmet-mounted displays (HMDs), factory automation and radio frequency (RF) components, among others.