Printing Materials for Thin Films: Technology and Global Markets
The global market for printing materials for thin films reached $74.5 million in 2012 and $85.2 million in 2013.This market is increasing to $101.6 million in 2014 and should reach $435.7 million in 2019, demonstrating a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 33.8% from 2014 to 2019.
- An overview of the global market for printing materials used for thin films.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2012, 2013, and 2014, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2019.
- A review of all technologies that are currently being used to produce thin films, as well as providing an outline of emerging technologies, including printing technologies.
- A presentation of market growth trends based on industry growth, technological trends, and regional trends.
- Comprehensive profiles of leading generics companies, and updates on mergers and acquisitions.
This report provides an updated review of thin-film technologies, including subtractive and additive methods, and identifies current and emerging applications for these technologies.
BCC Research delineates the current market status for thin-film printing materials, defines trends and presents growth forecasts for the next five years. The TFPM market is analyzed based on the following segments: material type, application and region. In addition, technological issues, including key events and the latest process developments, are also discussed.
More specifically, the market analysis conducted by BCC Research for this report is divided into five sections.
In the first section, an introduction to the topic and a historical review of thin-film technology are provided, including an outline of recent events. In this section, current and emerging applications for thin-film processes are also identified and described.
The second section provides a technological review of emerging printing technologies for the deposition of thin films, with a description of the types of materials used, and an outline of the most commonly used products. This section concludes with an analysis of the most important technological developments since 2011, including examples of significant patents recently issued or applied for, as well as highlighting the most active research organizations operating in this field.
The third section entails a global market analysis of thin-film printing materials. Global revenues (sales data in millions of dollars) are presented for each segment (material type, application and region) with actual data for 2012 and 2013, and estimated revenues for 2014 and 2019.
The analysis of current TFPM revenues is followed by a detailed presentation of market growth trends based on industry growth, technological trends and regional trends. The third section concludes by providing projected revenues for thin-film printing materials within each segment, together with forecast compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) for 2014 through 2019.
In the fourth section of the study, which covers global industry structure, the report offers a list of the leading manufacturers of printing materials for thin films, together with a description of their products. The analysis includes a description of the geographical distribution of these suppliers and an evaluation of other key industry players. Detailed company profiles of the top players are also provided.
The fifth and final section includes an extensive U.S. patent analysis, with a summary of patents related to thin-film printing materials, fabrication methods and applications. The patents examined in this study were issued from 2011 through 2014. Patent analysis is performed by region, country, assignee, patent category, application and material type.
Margareth Gagliardi has extensive experience in the field of advanced materials, specializing in ceramic formulations, materials processing, and new product development. For more than 20 years, she has held management positions in both manufacturing and R&D within U.S. and European firms producing electronic, mechanical, chemical and structural components. She currently works as a consultant serving a variety of organizations and research institutions. She holds a B.S. in Chemical Engineering and an M.S. in Ceramic Engineering.
- Nanotextiles: Opportunities and Global Markets (AVM183A)
- Global Markets for Roll-to-Roll Technologies for Flexible Devices (SMC082C)
- Neurophotonics: Global Markets and Technologies to 2023 (PHO031A)
- Thermal Scanning Probe Lithography: Continuing the Path to Semiconductor Miniaturization (SMC116A)
- Sputtering Targets and Sputtered Films: Technology and Markets (SMC037H)