Wood Coatings: Technologies and Application Markets
The global market for wood coatings should grow from $9.0 billion in 2018 to $12.3 billion by 2023, increasing at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.5% from 2018 to 2023.
- 75 data tables and 39 additional tables
- Detailed overview of global markets for wood coating technologies and applications
- Analyses of global market trends with data from 2017 and 2018, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2023
- A look at the increased demand for wood coatings driven by customers’ expectations in diverse areas such as performance, ease of application, sustainability, quality, functionality and environmental properties
- Characterization and quantification of market potential for wood coating technologies by product type, application area, end use industry, and major geographical regions
- Discussion of research and development, and the demand for new products and new applications
- Details covering new developments taking place in the industry with respect to continuous improvements in environmental performance
- Patent review and new developments for wood coating technologies
- Company profiles of key market players, including Arkema S.A., Asian Paints Ltd., BASF SE, Kansai Paint Co., Ltd., PPG Industries Inc., and Sherwin-Williams Company
The coatings for wood technologies and applications markets are segmented into four categories:
- Product type: Varnishes, shellacs, preservatives or dyes, repellents, lacquers, stains and others.
- Application equipment: Spraying and non-spraying.
- End-user application: Flooring and decking, sports equipment, automotive interiors, ship interiors, exterior fencing, handcrafts, furniture, cabinets and others.
- Region: North America is segmented into the U.S., Canada and Mexico; Europe is segmented into France, Italy, Germany, the U.K., Russia and the rest of the Commonwealth Independent States (CIS); the Asia-Pacific region is segmented into China, Japan, Taiwan, South Korea and others; and the rest of the world (RoW) covers the Middle East, Africa and South America.
The data provided in this report has been gathered from the manufacturing level. This report includes industry and competitive analysis of the coatings for wood technologies and applications markets, as well as a patent analysis and a listing of company profiles for key market players.
Sinha G. Gaurav, research analyst, holds an MBA in finance from ICFAI Business School, Hyderabad (India), and a bachelor's degree in electrical engineering from Rajasthan University (India). He has worked in almost all domains across the market research industry. He has 11 years of experience in the fields of market research and investment banking. His primary focus is in healthcare, chemicals, electronics, finance and database designing. His publications include subjects such as quantum dots, IT in healthcare, alternative data, ultrafast lasers, inorganic polymers, waste management, factory automation and Voxel, among others.