Single-Use Technologies for Biopharmaceuticals: Global Markets
The global market for single-use technologies for biopharmaceuticals was valued at $720 million in 2011 and should reach $985.2 million in 2012. Total market value is expected to reach nearly $2.4 billion in 2017 after increasing at a five-year compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 19.1%.
- An overview of biopharmaceutical single-use technologies, which aids the manufacturing process in overcoming such complex issues as sterilization and critical manufacturing parameters
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2011, estimates for 2012, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2017
- In-depth discussion of key market segments, such as membrane adsorbers, bioreactors, mixing, tangential flow filtration, tubing, connectors, preassembled tubing and rigging, depth filtration, buffer containers, waste containers, samplers, media bags, and filter cartridges
- Delineation of market application areas, such as monoclonal antibodies, vaccines, gene therapy, recombinant proteins, blood derivatives, and anticancer drugs
- Identification of supply chain participants, including contract manufacturing organizations, biopharma operating companies/manufacturing, and systems integrators, and their respective market shares
- Key restraints in the industry, including leachables and extractables, cost constraints, breakage of bags, and environmental concerns
- Comprehensive company profiles of existing and potential market players
- Patent analysis.
The report includes the following key market segments:
- Single-use bioreactors (SUBs).
- Membrane adsorbers.
- Tangential flow filtration.
- Preassembled tubing and rigging.
- Depth filtration.
- Buffer containers.
- Waste containers.
- Media bags.
- Filter cartridges and other key markets.
The study includes the following major elements:
- Executive summary.
- Revenues forecast through 2017.
- Analysis of the key factors influencing market demand.
- Market intelligence.
- Key trends across geographies.
- Key trends, opportunities and market estimates within each of the markets specified.
- General assessment of expected market trends in the longer term (2012 to 2017).
- Competitive environment—Key companies, top strategies and recent developments and market intelligence.
- Company profiles.
- Patent analysis.
Specifically excluded from the report are market estimates of biopharmaceutical drugs and devices. However, an overview of the market for biopharmaceutical drugs is given to provide a holistic view of the market. The report covers only single-use technologies or disposables used in biopharmaceutical manufacturing. The report also excludes control software or custom designed software used with single-use biopharmaceutical manufacturing technologies.
Mahi Dutta has seven years of experience in the field of business research and consulting exclusively in high-growth markets in the healthcare and life sciences markets. She has authored several reports on emerging markets such as molecular diagnostics, emerging medical device technologies, microfluidics and MEMS, wireless healthcare technologies, biotechnology devices and software markets and so on. Ms. Dutta’s expertise is in tracking and estimating market revenues for emerging and high-growth markets, providing market intelligence and strategic analysis of key technologies. She has also provided consulting services and training programs for healthcare service providers and other clients.