Biosimilars: Global Markets
The global biosimilars market reached nearly $5.5 billion in 2017 and is expected to reach $20.8 billion by 2022, with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 30.5% from 2017 through 2022.
- 80 data tables and 16 additional tables
- An overview of the global market for biosimilars
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2016 and 2017, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2022
- A look at biosimilar product classes in various regions worldwide, as well as the worldwide pipeline for biosimilars
- Detailed analysis of the emerging framework in regulated markets, as well as comparisons of biosimilar guidelines in Europe, the U.S., Japan, Canada, as well the guidelines developed by the World Health Organization
- Technology trends and patent analyses
- Comprehensive company profiles of key players in the market, including Allergan Plc., Bioton S.A., Cinnagen, Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd., LG Life Sciences, Neuclone and Pfizer Inc.
Biosimilars are replicas of the innovator biopharmaceuticals. They offer the advantage of being less expensive as compared to their expensive counterparts. The structural and manufacturing complexities associated with their development have led to extensive approval guidelines and regulations by the federal agencies. This report examines the biosimilar drugs in detail and provides an updated overview including its applications in various arenas of disease sectors. The importance of analytical technologies in the biosimilar manufacturing led BCC Research to focus specifically on the current and emerging trends in biosimilar manufacturing and analytical testing.
The scope of the study is global. BCC analyzes each market and its application, new products and advancements, market projections and market shares. This study surveys each market in all the geographic regions including North America, Europe and Emerging markets. The Emerging market covers all major countries like India, China, South Korea, Taiwan, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Latin America, much of Africa, etc.
Also included in the report are relevant patent analysis and comprehensive profiles of companies that lead the biosimilar drugs industry. The company profiles highlight the bosimilar pipelines of relevant companies. Some of the major players of the market include Pfizer Inc., Sandoz International GmbH, Biocon Ltd., Dr Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd., Amgen Inc., Teva Pharmaceuticals Inc., Celltrion Inc., Samsung Bioepis, and others.
BCC Research analyzes the current market situation by critically discussing the strengths, weaknesses, threats, and opportunities for the global biosimilars market. The market projections and market shares are examined for each region and type. The latest news articles including new products, acquisitions and collaborations in each market are also dealt with in sufficient detail.
The report has also dealt with biobetters, their approval mechanisms and importance in the industry. (Biobetters are described as new molecular entities that are related to existing biologics by target or action, but they are deliberately altered to improve disposition, safety, efficacy, or manufacturing attributes.)
Excluded from this report are the generics of small-molecule drugs, and the biologics per se. The different requirements for approval and bioequivalence between generics and biosimilars puts them in an entirely different regime. The diagnostic methods for monitoring disease progression are also outside the scope of this report.
Dr. Kamna Jhamb has more than 13 years of research experience, of which more than four years have been devoted to market research. Before entering the field of market research, she worked as a Research Assistant in Lawrence Berkeley National Lab, CA. With a Ph.D. in Microbial Technology, she has vast knowledge in the areas of microbiology, protein chemistry, and molecular biology. She has several international publications in reputed journals. For BCC Research, Dr. Kamna has written reports spanning topics from healthcare, finance, to biotechnology.
- Direct to Consumer Testing Industry: Global Markets (HLC269A)
- Microbiome Therapeutics: Global Markets (BIO205A)
- Proton Therapy in Cancer: Global Markets (HLC250A)
- Chemical Food Contaminants: Acrylamide, Furan, Ethyl carbamate, Perchlorate and PFAS (FOD091A)
- Monetization of Customer Data: Perspectives and Beyond (FIN003A)
The global biosimilars market was valued at $1.8 billion in 2013 and nearly $2.0 billion in 2014. The market is expected to reach nearly $4.0 billion by 2019, with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 15% from 2014 through 2019.
- An overview of the global market for biosimilars.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2012 through 2014, and projections of CAGRs through 2019.
- A look at biosimilar product classes in various regions worldwide, as well as the worldwide pipeline for biosimilars.
- Detailed analysis of the emerging regulatory framework in regulated markets as well as comparisons of biosimilar guidelines in Europe, the U.S., Japan, Canada, and the guidelines developed by WHO.
- Technology trends and patent analysis.
- Comprehensive profiles of key players in the market.
The global market for biosimilars reached $1.7 billion in 2010 and $2.5 billion in 2011. The market is expected to reach $3.6 billion by 2016, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 7.7%.