Biotechnologies for Medical Applications: Global Markets
BCC estimates the global market for biotechnologies used in medical applications at about $110.5 billion in 2010. BCC expects the market to reach $123.2 billion in 2010 and $222.9 billion by 2015, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 12.6% over the next 5 years.
Therapeutic applications (including prophylaxis) were worth $86.4 billion in 2009, accounting for 78.2% of the market. This segment is expected to increase to $96.7 billion in 2010 and reach $177.4 billion by 2015, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 12.9%.
Diagnostics were the second-largest application segment, with nearly 15% of the market ($16.4 billion) in 2009. While remaining the second-largest market segment, its share of the global market is expected to decline to a little more than 13% ($29.3 billion) by 2015.
- Description of biotechnologies
- Medical and healthcare applications of biotechnologies
- Recent technological developments
- Industry structure and market shares
- Market size and segmentation, 2009 through 2015
- Company profiles.
- The base year for analysis and projection is 2009. With 2009 as a baseline, market projections were developed for 2010 through 2015. The projections are based on a combination of a consensus among the primary contacts combined with BCC’s understanding of the key market drivers and their impact from a historical and analytical perspective.
- The specific assumptions and approach BCC used to develop the projections both mid-term and long term) for each application are documented in detail under the various segments addressed. This way, readers can see how the market estimates were developed and, if they so desire, test the impact on the final numbers of changing assumptions regarding such matters as date of regulatory approval.
- Examine BCC’s complete catalog of Market Research Reports and place direct orders
- Subscribe to any of BCC’s many industry newsletters
- Read announcements of recently published reports and newly launched newsletters
- Register for BCC’s well-known conferences
- Request additional information on any BCC product
- Take advantage of special offers