Global Markets for Enzymes in Industrial Applications
The global market for industrial enzymes was worth nearly $4.5 billion in 2012 and nearly $4.8 billion in 2013. The market is expected to reach around $7.1 billion by 2018, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.2% from 2013 to 2018.
- An overview of the global market for enzymes used in industrial applications.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2011 to 2013, and projections of CAGRs through 2018.
- Analysis of factors affecting the market such as the regulatory environment, growth drivers, needs of the market, and influencing technologies.
- Discussion of merger, acquisition, and collaboration strategies as well as discussion on the competitive landscape and structure of the industry.
- Comprehensive profiles of leading companies in the industry.
The scope of this study encompasses industrial enzymes in various industry sectors. BCC Research analyzes each market and its applications, regulatory environments, technology, market projections and market shares. Technological issues include the latest trends and developments.
Shalini Shahani Dewan focuses on pharmaceuticals and biotechnology and has been a BCC Research contributor since 2002 as both an analyst and project manager. She has explored a wide range of topics and companies, including working for Johnson & Johnson doing market surveillance. She has an undergraduate degree in pharmacy and master's degree in medicinal chemistry. She resides in the Bay Area.
- Global Markets for CT Scanners (HLC024B)
- Technologies for Long-term Care and Home Healthcare: Global Markets (HLC079D)
- Renal Dialysis Equipment: Technologies and Global Markets (HLC164B)
- Fluoroscopy and C-arms: Technologies and Global Markets (HLC148B)
- Global Markets for Contract Pharmaceutical Manufacturing, Research and Packaging (PHM043G)
The global market for industrial enzymes was valued at $3.1 billion in 2009 and reached about $3.6 billion in 2010. The estimated market for 2011 is about $3.9 billion. BCC projects this market to grow at a compounded annual growth rate (CAGR) of 9.1% to reach $6 billion by 2016.
The global market for industrial enzymes is estimated at $3.3 billion in 2010. This market is expected to reach $4.4 billion by 2015, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6% over the 5-year forecast period.
- The global market for industrial enzymes increased from $2.2 billion in 2006 to an estimated $2.3 billion by the end of 2007. It should reach $2.7 billion by 2012, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4%.
- The greatest growth rate is expected in the animal enzymes sector, with a CAGR of 6% between 2007 and 2012, helped in large part by the increased use of phytase enzymes to fight phosphate pollution.
- New and emerging applications have helped drive demand for enzymes, and the industry is responding with a continuous stream of innovative products.
The global market for industrial enzymes is estimated at $2 billion in 2004 and is expected to rise at an average annual growth rate (AAGR) of 3.3% to $2.4 billion in 2009.
Volume growth of industrial enzymes is between a 4% and 5% AAGR, and is accompanied by decreasing prices.
Growth of the animal feed enzyme sector is somewhat higher, at nearly a 4% AAGR, helped by increased use of phytase enzyme to fight phosphate pollution.
Technical enzymes for detergent and pulp and paper manufacturing, among others, are the largest segment with a 52% share. Growth will parallel the overall market.
Total U.S. consumption of enzymes is estimated at $514 million in 2000.
Growing at an average annual rate (AAGR) of 4.1%, usage will reach $629.3 million by 2005.
Pulp and paper applications will show the most growth, at an AAGR of 6.5% through the period.
Detergent/cleaners are second, with 5% annually on average. Food and animal feed applications dominate the current market, accounting for just under half the total value.
When do I get the report?
Most reports are fulfilled immediately. In some cases, it could take up to 24 hours.
In what format does this report get delivered to me?
We will send you an email with login credentials to access the report. You will also be able to download the pdf.
What are the free reports included in my purchase?
They consist of a collection of current reports from various partner publishers scanning multiple industries.
What is the difference between BCC Research and BCC Publishing?
BCC Research curates thousands of reports from different sources and provides access to this content to our clients. BCC Publishing is the publication arm of BCC Research (one of several publishers in our portal).
What reports do I get 'discounts' on with my purchase?
All reports. BCC Publishing reports will be available for a 50% discount. All other partner publishers are also available at deeply discounted rates.
Where are you located?
Wellesley Massachusetts, just outside of Boston, Massachusetts, USA.
How long has BCC Research been around?
We are approaching our 50 year anniversary in 2021!
What if I want you to invoice me for payment via Purchase Order?
Simply choose Pay by Purchase Order when you are checking out. We will connect with you via email to set up your order.
What if I have a question about your reports?
Call us, email us, or chat with us! We encourage your questions and feedback. We have a research concierge team available at all times, and included in every purchase, to help our customers find the research they need-when they need it.
Can I share this report with my team?
Absolutely yes, with the purchase of additional user licenses.
Can I use your research in my presentation?
Absolutely yes, so long as the publisher is properly cited.