Kinase Inhibitors: Global Markets -- Focus on Europe
- The global kinase inhibitors market reached $28.1 billion in 2010 and nearly $29.1 billion in 2011. The market is expected to reach $40.2 billion by 2016, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.7%.
- The European market for kinase inhibitors reached $9.1 billion in 2010 and $9.3 billion in 2011. The market is expected to reach $11.6 billion by 2016, a CAGR of 4.4%.
- The Antibody kinase inhibitors category reached $5.6 billion in 2010 and came down $5.4 billion in 2011. The category is expected to reach $5.9 billion by 2016, a CAGR of 1.5%.
BCC’s goal in conducting this study is to provide an overview of the current and future characteristics of the global market for kinase inhibitors. The key objective is to present a comprehensive analysis and the future direction of kinase inhibitors to provide an important tool for the usage of these types of enzyme inhibitors.
This report explores present and future strategies within the kinase inhibitors market, which includes tyrosine inhibitors, multi-target kinase inhibitors, serine/ threonine inhibitors and monoclonal antibody kinase inhibitors. The direction of the market, its setbacks and the needs of the market are discussed in this report. The classifications, comparisons and usage of these types of enzyme inhibitors are also examined in the report.
A detailed analysis of the kinase inhibitors industry structure has been conducted. Revenues are broken down by region. Sales figures are estimated for the five-year period from 2011 through 2016.
Applications for kinase inhibitors are also discussed separately in the report, with emphasis on the usage of the inhibitors in therapeutic categories and various disease sectors. The report also covers significant patents and a summary of patents awarded in each category.
REASONS FOR DOING THIS STUDY
Extensive research in the field of kinase inhibitors has revealed their target-specific functionality in being able to provide therapeutic treatments for various chronic diseases. Modern industries have now begun to explore the advantages of kinase inhibitors in their productions and processes. This has led to the steady market for them.
R&D spending along with increasing competition, patent expiries and new technologies are directing kinase inhibitors to new directions. The new advancements, new product launches and the changing lifestyle have influenced the market to grow in the foreseeable future. This study looks at almost all the systems affected by these factors.
Acquisition strategies and collaborations by companies are also covered in this report. This study also discusses the strengths and weaknesses of each type/ technology in light of the new technologies, growing competition and changing customer needs.
This study contributes to the areas of market growth in kinase inhibitor manufacture and use. Pharmaceutical biotechnical companies, research institutes and physicians will find this study to be of interest.
SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The scope of this study encompasses kinase inhibitors in pharmaceutical and biotechnology markets. BCC analyzes each market and its applications, regulatory environment, technology, market projections and market share. Technological issues include the latest trends and developments. The emerging market for enzyme inhibitors includes India, China, Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, Canada, Africa, Australia and New Zealand and others countries.
Both primary and secondary research methodologies were used in preparing this study. BCC conducted a comprehensive literature search, which included technical newsletters and journals and many other sources. Data were collected through interviews and correspondence with manufacturers of enzyme inhibitors and technical experts. Projections were based on estimates such as the current number of end users, potential end users, mergers and acquisitions, and market trends.
Many companies active in the kinase inhibitor industry were surveyed to obtain data for this study. Included were manufacturers and end users of kinase inhibitors in therapeutic categories and various disease sectors industries. Data were gathered from various industry sources. BCC spoke with officials within the industry, consulted newsletters, company literature, product literature, and a host of technical articles, journals, indexes, and abstracts. Exhaustive investigations of databases by key terminology were conducted. In addition, data were compiled from current financial, trade and government sources.
BCC ONLINE SERVICES
Now you can obtain the important, hard-to-find information you need on the World Wide Web. By directing your browser to BCC Research’s new home page, you will be able to do the following:
- Examine BCC’s complete catalog of technology market research reports by tables of content, and order reports directly from BCC Research.
- Subscribe to any of its more than 20 monthly technology/marketing newsletters.
- Read announcements of upcoming reports and newly launched newsletters.
- Register for BCC’s well-known conferences.
- Request additional information about any BCC product.
- Take advantage of special offers.
The information developed in this report is intended to be as reliable as possible at the time of publication and of a professional nature. This information does not constitute managerial, legal, or accounting advice; nor should it serve as a corporate policy guide, laboratory manual, or an endorsement of any product, as much of the information is speculative in nature. The author assumes no responsibility for any loss or damage that might result from reliance on the reported information or its use.
Shalini Shahani Dewan focuses on pharmaceuticals and biotechnology and has been a BCC Research contributor since 2002 as both an analyst and project manager. She has explored a wide range of topics and companies, including working for Johnson & Johnson doing market surveillance. She has an undergraduate degree in pharmacy and master's degree in medicinal chemistry. She resides in the Bay Area.
- Global Markets for CT Scanners (HLC024B)
- Technologies for Long-term Care and Home Healthcare: Global Markets (HLC079D)
- Renal Dialysis Equipment: Technologies and Global Markets (HLC164B)
- Fluoroscopy and C-arms: Technologies and Global Markets (HLC148B)
- Global Markets for Contract Pharmaceutical Manufacturing, Research and Packaging (PHM043G)