Liver Disease Treatments: The Global Market
In 2009, the global market for drugs used to treat liver disease was worth approximately $12.4 billion. Sales in 2010 decreased and the market did not see much progress, causing overall global sales to remain stagnant at $12.4 billion. Estimated sales in 2011 a projected $12 billion (excluding protease inhibitors). The market is expected to rise at a CAGR of 3.3% and reach nearly $14.2 billion by 2016.
SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The scope of this study encompasses liver disease drug markets by various types. BCC Research analyzes each market by category with its applications in different regions of the world. It also analyzes the market leaders, regulatory environment, technology, market projections, and market share. Application issues include the latest trends and developments in each liver disease drug category.
The study has been carried out by a team of professionals in the biotechnology industry. The project manager for this report is Shalini S. Dewan, who holds a master's degree in pharmaceutical chemistry and has more than 14 years of industry experience. Shalini was awarded a Gold Medal by the Prime Minister of India for her work and she has worked with top companies in India and the U.S.
- Global Markets for Reagents for Chromatography (MST034E).
- Global Markets for Spectroscopy Equipment ( IAS004F).
- Global Markets and Technologies for Advanced Drug Delivery Systems (PHM006K).
- Orthopedic Drugs, Implants and Devices (PHM040A).
- Global Markets for Medical Imaging Reagents and Analysis Equipment (HLC040D).
- Pharmaceutical Regulatory Industry (PHM047A).
- Global Markets for Media, Sera and Reagents in Biotechnology (BIO014H).
- Global Markets for Contract Pharmaceutical Manufacturing, Research and Packaging (PHM043F).
- Global Markets for Chiral Technology (BIO012F).
- Autacoids and Related Drugs: Technologies and Global Markets (PHM065A).
- Contraceptives: Technologies and Global Markets (HLC085A).
- Liver Disease Treatments: The Global Market (PHM057C).
- Hormone Replacement Therapies and Other Hormone Therapies: Global Markets (PHM055A).
- Cardiovascular Medicine: Diagnostics, Drugs and Devices (HLC041B).
- Cancer Therapies: Technologies and Global Markets (HLC027B).
- The global market for liver disease treatments amounted to nearly $8.4 billion in 2007 and is expected to increase to $9.8 billion in 2014, for a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.0%
- The treatment for hepatitis is the largest segment of the market, amounting to about $4.6 billion in the last three years, and is expected to reach $4.8 billion in 2014.
- Sales of targeted therapies were comparatively less in 2008, but this market has the potential to grow faster mainly because of the increased incidence of hepatitis C in developing countries.