In Vitro Toxicity Testing: Technologies and Global Markets
The global in vitro toxicity testing market should reach $13.3 billion by 2026 from $9.0 billion in 2021 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.3% for the forecast period of 2021 to 2026.
- 132 data tables and 30 additional tables
- An updated review of the global markets for in vitro toxicity testing and technologies under development
- Analyses of the global market trends, with data from 2019 to 2020, estimates for 2021 and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2026
- Technology assessment of the key drivers, restraints and opportunities that will shape the market for in vitro toxicity testing over the next five years (2021 to 2026)
- Evaluation and forecast the overall market size, and corresponding market share analysis by toxicity endpoints and tests, tool/technology, component, end-user industry and geographic region
- Highlights of COVID-19 implications on the progress of this market
- Country specific data and market value analysis for the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Germany, U.K., France, Japan, China and India
- Review of key technology developments, latest market trends, and other influential factors such as validation and testing strategies for pharmaceuticals, cosmetics and chemicals
- Insight into recent industry structure, current competitive landscape, R&D activities, and regulatory and legislative issues currently focused on in vitro toxicology testing
- Descriptive company profiles of the leading market players, including Abbott Laboratories Inc., GE Healthcare, PerkinElmer Inc., Qiagen NV and Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
This report examines the current and future market potential of In Vitro Toxicity Testing Technologies. It offers a detailed analysis of the competitive environment, the regulatory scenario, technological advancements, drivers, restraints, opportunity and trends in market growth. This report covers market projections through 2026 and market rank for key market players. The report details the market shares of In Vitro Toxicity Testing Technologies segmented by toxicity endpoints and tests, tools/technology, components and end users.
This report segments the global market by geographic region: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Rest of the world. The North American region includes the U.S., Canada and Mexico, the European region (including Germany, U.K., France and the Rest of Europe), the Asia-Pacific region (including China, India, Japan and the Rest of Asia-Pacific). For market estimates, data is provided for the year 2019-2020 as the base year and forecast through year-end, 2026.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
BCC Research Team possesses expertise and experience in life and physical science domains. They specialize in offering valuable business insights, including industry analysis, competitor intelligence, strategic and financial analysis, and opportunity assessment. The team has in-depth knowledge of various sectors, including healthcare, biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, IT, automation, advanced materials, and energy. They are proficient in qualitative and quantitative market intelligence providing clients with actionable insights. With a vast understanding of the competitive landscape, the team can support clients in making data-driven decisions to help them achieve a competitive edge in their respective markets.
|Base year considered||2020|
|Forecast period considered||2021-2026|
|Base year market size||$8.3 billion|
|Market size forecast||$13.3 billion|
|Growth rate||CAGR of 8.3% from 2021 to 2026|
|Units considered||$ Millions|
|Segments covered||Toxicity Endpoints and Tests, End-Use Industry, Tool, Region|
|Regions covered||North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Rest of the World (RoW)|
|Countries covered||U.S., Canada, Mexico, Germany, France, U.K., Rest of Europe, Japan, China, India, Rest of APAC, Middle East, Africa and South America|
|Key Market Drivers||
The global market for in vitro toxicity testing should grow from $7.4 billion in 2018 to reach $10.4 billion by 2023 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 7.1% for the period of 2018-2023.
- 52 data table and 18 additional tables
- An overview of the global markets and technologies for the in vitro toxicity testing techniques within the pharmaceutical industry
- Analyses of global market trends with data from 2017, 2018, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2023
- Information on latest trends, technological developments and government regulations that influence the growth of the market
- A breakdown of influential factors, such as validation of the alternative measures for toxicity and toxicity testing strategies for chemicals, pesticides, and food additives
- Evaluation covering equipment, assays, cells, reagents, and services used in toxicity testing
- Profiles of major players in the toxicology market, including Abbott Laboratories, Inc., Agilent Technologies, Inc., Evotec AG, GE Healthcare Life Sciences and Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.
The global in vitro toxicity testing market was valued at $4 billion in 2011 and more than $4.9 billion in 2012. This market is estimated to reach nearly $9.9 billion in 2017, with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 14.7% for the five-year period, 2012 to 2017.
- An overview of the global in vitro toxicity testing market, with assessments of its growth potential over the next five years and the current market scenario for alternative measures to animal testing.
- Analyses of market trends, with data from 2011 and 2012, and projections of CAGRs for the period 2012 and 2017.
- Discussion of the two major technology-based approaches, mechanistic and nonmechanistic.
- A breakdown of influential factors, such as validation of the alternative measures for toxicity and toxicity testing strategies for chemicals, pesticides, and food additives.
- Profiles of major players in the industry
The global in vitro toxicity (predictive toxicity) testing market is valued at more than $1.3 billion in 2010. With heightened awareness of animal welfare in laboratory research testing, the in vitro toxicity testing market has an anticipated value of $2.7 billion in 2015, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 15% between 2010 and 2015.
The largest market sector is currently the cosmetics and personal-care industry, which accounts for a market share of more than 50%. This sector is currently valued at $702 million and is expected to reach $1.3 billion by 2015, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 13.1%.
The pharmaceuticals segment is one of the most significant with a 32% market share valued at $424 million in 2010. By 2015, this sector is projected to reach a value of $976 million, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 18.2%.
The U.S. in vitro toxicity (predictive toxicity) testing market has been valued at $765 million in 2006. At a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 14.4%, the total U.S. market will grow to reach $1.5 billion by 2011.
Mechanistic toxicology testing had the highest growth through the forecast period, with an estimated CAGR of 21.8%. This sector of the market will be worth $720 million by 2011.
Non-mechanistic toxicology testing was the larger of the two sectors in 2006. Even with a CAGR of 9.4%, it will still maintain the majority of the market at $780 million in 2011.
The pharmaceutical industry accounts for more than 90% of the industry.
In vitro toxicology growth (12.4%/year) will be higher than pharmaceutical R& D.
The pharmaceutical market will reach about $18.58 billion by 2007.
All other markets will grow 8%/year to reach $103 milion.
Overall, in vitro toxicology markets will see an AAGR of 12.1%.