Organ-on-a-Chip: Global Markets
The global market for organ-on-a-chip should grow from $11.3 million in 2018 to $60.6 million by 2023 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 39.9% from 2018 to 2023.
- 56 data tables and 49 additional tables
- An overview of global market for organ-on-a-chip within the industry
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2017 and 2018, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2023
- Description of potential applications in pharmaceutical and life science research sectors, including preclinical drugs testing, drug screening, personalized medicine, phenotypic screening, lead optimization and disease modelling
- Information on multi-channel 3-D microfluidic cell culture chip and discussion of their ability to imitate human micro environment in vitro
- Discussion on how organ on a chip is emerging as a priority testing alternative which is replacing animals in life science research, toxicology testing and drug development studies
- Knowledge about implementation of 3rs (replacement, refinement and reduction of animals-based research) in the industry
- Insights into government programs and policies in support of organ on chip and coverage of revised laws involving animal testing
- Company profiles of the top players in the industry, including Emulate Inc., Hurel Corp., InSphero, Organovo and SynVivo
The scope of this report is broad and covers various types of products available in the organ-on-a-chip market and potential application sectors in various industries. The organ-on-a-chip market is broken down by product into instruments and consumables. Revenue forecasts from 2018 to 2023 are given for each product, application, cell type and end user, with estimated valued derived from the revenues of manufacturers. Revenue generated from the installation and maintenance of instruments has been excluded from the report.
This report also includes a discussion of the major players in each regional organ-on-a-chip market. Further, it explains the major drivers and regional dynamics of the global market and current trends within the industry.
The report concludes with a special focus on the vendor landscape and includes detailed profiles of the major players in the global organ-on-a-chip market.
Vijay Laxmi has more than 20 years of experience in the healthcare domain. In addition to producing business research and consulting, she has conducted corporate briefings for top players in a wide range of market segments. She has worked with major market research firms and handled projects for various consultancies. Her market research studies include reports on:
- Various medical device markets.
- High-growth and niche markets in healthcare and life sciences.
- Home healthcare market.
- Medical tourism.