Bioprinting: Technologies and Global Markets
The global market for bioprinting reached $263.8 million in 2015. The market should reach $295 million in 2016 and $1.8 billion by 2021, growing at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 43.9% from 2016 to 2021.
- An overview of the global markets bioprinting.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2015, estimates for 2016, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2021.
- Analysis of the latest techniques used to create cell patterns within a confined space.
- Breakdowns of the market by technology, application, and end-user.
- Evaluation of the market's dynamics, specifically growth drivers, opportunities, and restraints.
- Profiles of major players in the field.
The scope of the report includes bioprinting technologies, applications, industries, markets, patents and companies. The market estimates and forecasts for bioprinting products and services are given for the years 2015, 2016 and 2021.
This report reviews the main bioprinting and bioink platforms, and explains why printing living cells is technically challenging, yet can be extremely rewarding if the technology can be mastered. The report covers the main applications for bioprinting including in vitro models and in vivo regenerative medicine applications.
Industry market driving forces are discussed, including key trends favoring adoption of bioprinting tools.
The report covers the bioprinting markets by workflow, including bioprinting reagents, instruments, software, clinical procedures, and tissue formats such as tissue-on-chip.
The report analyzes the markets for the main bioprinting end-use applications, including research, drug discovery and development, cosmetics, and clinical.
Bioprinting clinical markets discussed include cardiovascular, craniofacial repair, orthopedics, and wound care. The wound care market is analyzed by individual segments, including acute wounds, chronic wounds, and hernia repair.
The specific geographic markets include North America, Europe, Asia/Pacific and the rest of the world.
Market data covers the years 2015, 2016 and 2021.
The report analyzes specific bioprinting-related industries, including 3-D cell culture; bioinks; bioprinting instruments; skin substitutes; and organ/tissue-on-chip.
More than 45 companies in the bioprinting industry are profiled in this report.
BCC Research provides a summary of the main industry acquisitions and strategic alliances from 2014 through mid-2016, including key alliance trends.
John Bergin has held business development, sales and marketing positions with a Fortune 500 advanced materials company, as well as executive management positions with a nanotechnology/separations company. Bergin holds a B.S. degree in Chemistry, an M.S. degree in Biotechnology and a Master of Business Administration. John Bergin is a pseudonym of the author.
- Global DNA Read, Write and Edit Market (BIO193A)
- Global DNA Sequencing: Research, Applied and Clinical Markets (BIO045G)
- Liquid Biopsy Research Tools, Services and Diagnostics: Global Markets (BIO150C)
- Genetic Modification Therapies Clinical Applications: Gene Therapies, Genetically Modified Cell Therapies, RNA Therapies and Gene Editing (BIO159A)
- Single-cell Omics: Emerging Technologies and Markets (BIO143B)